PDA

View Full Version : Feats for Minor Servitors & Awakened Sands?

unseenmage
2013-12-13, 12:00 AM
I'm looking to use an army of Minor Servitors (SS) and Awakened Sands (Sa) and both are based on Animated Objects only they have Int which means they also have Feats and Skills.

I'm just unsure what feats they should have. All I've thought of so far is Jack of All Trades (CAd). :smallfrown:

So I need ideas for what feats would go best on intelligent Animated Objects.
The Minor Servitors have 2HD while the Awakened Sands have 4HD.

Bonus Question:

Can intelligent Constructs be made Fanatic via Diplomacy?
If not, would application of the Grater Humanoid Essence (RoE) spell enable it?
Edit: I think they can be made fanatic but I do not know if the condition will persist after their Construct type returns.

unseenmage
2013-12-13, 01:13 PM
I can't seem to find it now but there was a short list of feats which would allow any character/creature to cast a very specific list of spells. I believe they were from Dragon Magazine too. Could those be useful on Minor Servitors and/or Awakened Sands?

If it helps the Minor Servitors are Obdurium (SBG) statues of humanoids affected by most of the Hardening type spells.

unseenmage
2013-12-14, 04:11 AM
If I maximize the two spells they have enough Int for Jack of All Trades.

My normal go-to for powerful feats don't really apply here.
- Item Familiar is rubbish for NPCs and even more so for non-casters.

- Ancestral Relic (BoED), Truebond (DMG2), and Least Legacy (WoL) aren't so good for the amorphous sand creature who might not even be able to wield items.

- They just don't have enough HD for Leadership.

- Would Spellfire (MoF) even be possible to put on pure Constructs? I mean I've used it on a Living Construct before but that was with DM permission.
That could be pretty cool though; animated sand creatures who swallow whatever spells you throw at them and spit them back as magic fire.