PDA

View Full Version : Its Late and I need Help please

LordAshenshield
2013-12-13, 03:26 AM
Ok so I was looking at this monster here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/azata/ghaele).

Now would that character actually fit well with the Savage Species progression?

I considering doing something with the Ghaele as a being who comes down and each time it appears more powerful, etc.

Ganorenas
2013-12-15, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure what character you are referring to it fitting with, but my experience with Savage Species has shown me that with out the DM working with you it is normally underwhelming compared to a fully classed basic race taking class levels to do what you want out of the monster.

Not always, but most of my experience.

If the issue is that Pathfinder is different than the 3.0 progression just chat with your DM about it and find a progression you both can agree on (and make sure it is written or saved in a place you can both access).

ngilop
2013-12-15, 09:47 PM
so you know the Ghaele already has a (20 level) savage progression in savage species.

but the 3rd ed version of the ghaele cast spells as a 14th level cleric but only has 10 HD

so there is that.

I think Pathfinder did pretty good with ruling that a monsters CR = its ECL

Its still not that accurate: case in point your ghaele at 13th level has all the psell casting of a 13th level cleric AND its sweet as heck racial abilities, completely not equal to a 13th cleric but its a tad better than RHD+LA that 3rd ed did)