PDA

View Full Version : Earth/Stone-Themed Spells and PrCs for a Sorcerer?

Fates
2013-12-13, 11:23 AM
Okay, so my campaign has split into two parties- my party is composed of a CE Elf Dread Necro, a CE Wood Elf Bone Creature Ranger/Scout, and myself, a LE Lizardfolk Hexblade/Blackguard/Thrall of Orcus/Warrior of Darkness, who are out to bring about an undead apocalypse. The other party is a CN Necropolitan Centaur Sorcerer with a poor spell selection and a bad attitude, a 15-year-old TN human psion who is completely insane, with a doll for her psicrystal, and a CG pixie warlock who is just so goddamn annoying to deal with.

I have the undead leadership feat, and after we just killed, animated, and awakened a sorcerer, I was told that I could make him my cohort and do as I will with him op-wise. Said sorcerer was from a small village called Aqueduct, so called because they recently built a giant aqueduct coming down from the nearby mountains which provided the village with fresh water.

This is kind of a big deal because the game takes place in a land, dominated by rain forest, known as Black Water because the rain that falls is contaminated with all manner of nasties, and the only clean water normally found is either produced magically (and create water in this campaign creates pseudo-water that actually provides very little hydration) or by springs or rivers that are protected by fey spirits from the contamination. Anyway, that aqueduct really but that village on the map, and they began providing fresh water to all the villages in the region, and as such we made it a target for mass slaughter, because not only would it give us access to their substantial cash flow, it means that we could at any time cut off the water supply to other villages. So far, it's gone pretty well.

ANYWAY, I'm making that sorcerer my cohort, and we've already determined that he, as well as a bard with a lyre of building, were the ones who nearly-singlehandedly built the aqueduct. As such, we're already determined he knows the Wall of Stone and Stone Shape spells. I decided to give him Arcane Disciple (Earth), because the DM already ruled that the AD spells add the domain spells to a spellcaster's spells known, rather than his spell list. He is 11th level, as I am 13th level. I am also giving him earth sense and earth spell. I want him to be almost completely earth/stone-themed, with some buffs, but preferably still...useful.

Does anyone know any good earth/stone-themed prestige classes for a sorcerer? All I've found so far that's reasonable is the Earth Dreamer and the first few levels of Earth Elemental Savant. Are there any other good ones out there?

Furthermore, any good spells you might recommend for him to know would be great. Rockburst is a no-no. Anything that can drag down a flying creature would be very useful, what with the other team's Pixie Warlock, who as of yet is basically untouchable by us- well, every since he got armor of freedom of movement anyway. :smallmad:

Blackhawk748
2013-12-13, 11:29 AM
Argent Savant tuned to Earth, the spell Earth Reaver, Hail of Stone, Earthen and Stone Grasp

Fax Celestis
2013-12-13, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know any good earth/stone-themed prestige classes for a sorcerer? All I've found so far that's reasonable is the Earth Dreamer and the first few levels of Earth Elemental Savant. Are there any other good ones out there?

Elemental Scion of Zilargo could be okay, but it loses casting.

Stonespeaker Guardian is pretty amazing, but getting in requires meeting a ridiculous racial requirement (seriously, Feral Gargun or Goliath?). See if your DM will handwave it. Divine Minion, as per usual, can get you the wild shape necessary to get in, or you can take three levels of Brightness Seeker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/brightness-seeker) (depending upon your level).

Does he have to be a sorcerer? It's so much easier to do this with a druid chassis.

Diarmuid
2013-12-13, 12:13 PM
I think there are elemental themed bloodline feats in one of the planar books that add a bunch of spells to a Sorc spell known list as well.

Fates
2013-12-14, 12:29 AM
Afraid it does have to be a sorcerer. The NPC was already established to be one, besides which there are no t1s in this campaign.

Norin
2013-12-14, 03:29 AM
Sandshaper dip for expanded, sand themed, spell list.
Then go into earth dreamer?

Diovid
2013-12-14, 04:07 AM
Sandshaper dip for expanded, sand themed, spell list.
Then go into earth dreamer?
I second looking at these two prcs.

In addition there's the Deep Diviner from Underdark (not Drow of the Underdark but Underdark).

Furthermore there's the Earthshaker from Dragon Magazine #314, but maybe that's a divine prc, I can't remember.