PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The great escape - Need help/Ideas

Mr.MeowMeowmers
2013-12-13, 01:12 PM
Oy Lads!

Happy christmas time to everyone =)

So, we're doing this small one-shot thingie that I'm gonna host.
So whats special about it?
I build the characters and give and they get to choose whom to play.
Well not really choose... they pick an envelope/picture and then they'll get their chars.

So the thing is:

The playtime should be around a couple hours.
They are working as slaves in a minelikethingie (clubbing down salt, looking for ores etc.).
When they don't work they live in closely watched zones for the slaves, where they eat, sleep etc. etc.

So what they obviously want is: TO GET THE HECK OUT, right?

To make it more interesting, they aren't some humans or dwarves.
They are orcs, goblins, possible a minotaur/ogre/ettin and maybe a gnoll.
They don't speak common but BECAUSE I SAY SO, they all share one language ;)
So, does anyone has some fun ideas? Maybe a character twist? Or a character you always wanted to play, or have played that was fun?

Or maybe some ideas about the breakout? Like a challenge they have to overcome, may it be a riddle or just the bashing down of some doors? Not getting lost in the mines? Not getting lost in the forest once they make it over the walls? Or..Or...Or...

Hit me with your creativity!

Thanks already.

Oh...and btw. No spellcasters this time and they are enslaved by humans/dwarfs/elves, the "good guys", since they won a huge war and decided that working themselves is a little bit too much...work.

Palanan
2013-12-13, 02:02 PM
The first question that's usually asked is what level you want the PCs to start at, since that affects and/or constrains a lot of other suggestions.

I'd also ask whether you want this session more focused on roleplaying or the mechanics of the escape. If you wanted to lean towards roleplaying, it might be interesting for the slave PCs to not share a common language, requiring them to work out some way of communicating before they can even begin to cooperate on a plan.

Mr.MeowMeowmers
2013-12-13, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the answer!

I was thinking around level 5-7ish.

Hm... the language barrier MIGHT be pretty cool, or it might break their necks.
We mostly concentrate on roleplay tho.

Oh, forgot to add:
We'll be using the CRB, advanced raceguide, advanced players guide..... thats it I think.

Cheers again !

PS: Any cool ideas for races?