PDA

View Full Version : Greater psionic focus in 3.5?

EoNhOeKnOwS
2013-12-13, 02:11 PM
Hello this is my first post and I've been looking for a search engine that I cannot find and I've been browsing google and nothing comes up regarding this feat, I apologize if it's somewhere here and I'm over posting!

Now my question - I'm making a psionic controller (psion 6, mind bender 1, eventually getting some levels in thrallherd and continuing psion) and I'd love to increase the DC to enchantments (I suppose many of the powers under the telepath discipline) and greater psionic focus looks delightful but it's a 3.0 feat and for +4 dc with no pre-req seems OP, can it be used in a 3.5 campaign without bending the rules, so-to-speak?

Thank you in advance!

Psyren
2013-12-13, 02:31 PM
(Greater) Psionic Endowment is the one you're looking for but it's not very good.

A great way to power up your telepathy spells is via incarnum - particularly the Charming Veil (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a) soulmeld. While you're at it, you may as well PrC into Soul Manifester for a bit (on the same page) to get more essentia and open your chakras faster.

And no, you need DM assistance to use 3.0 psionic feats in 3.5. 3.0 Psionics wasn't updated, it was replaced entirely with the new system. (Though the feats you describe probably won't break anything.)

EoNhOeKnOwS
2013-12-13, 03:39 PM
Thank you gud sir!