PDA

View Full Version : Human Heritage

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 03:17 PM
Does this apply to Anthropomorphic Creatures?

Howabout derivitives of other humanoid races? So if I wanted a half-minotaur feral gnome treated as a human (to take shadow-walker for ex.) water yer thoughts on that?

Zweisteine
2013-12-13, 04:59 PM
TL;DR: No, it doesn't. However, your DM might be willing to make you a solution.

The Human heritage feat does not apply to Anthropomorphic animals or derivatives of non-human humanoids. Only members of a race explicitly stated to be half-human or human-descended qualifies.

Trying to take the feat to apply it to a templated non-human-descended would be impossible. In fact, your DM might rule that templates apply after the feat anyway (though perhaps a templated human could take it to get their type back). Mind you, that is just my opinion, and by RAW, the feat comes after an inherited templates.

You could try to convince your DM to make heritage feats for other races, but the one thing special about humans is their ability to breed with anything. Letting other races do the same would take that specialness away (and be silly, as there are so few other-race-descended races thaat don't already count as that race). Of course, this would not help a gnome, unless your DM rules that the template makes you count as gnome-descended rather than gnome.

Also, what are you planning to do with a Feral Half-Minotaur Gnome (Shadow-walker)?

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 06:40 PM
Well specifically I'm trying to combine feral and shadowwalker. I could concebably be feral human shadowwalker. Since ShadowWalker is acquired. It should be kosher to take the feat, and then 'acquire' the template.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-13, 07:00 PM
In D&D, humans will screw anything, so their bloodline could plausibly wind up anywhere. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if some gnomes had a bit of human blood in them.

Even if you rule that humans and gnomes are somehow incompatible, you could always say that a wizard did it.