PDA

View Full Version : Quick Domain Access

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 04:30 PM
So, dunno if you kids noticed this, but if you take "The Contemplative" prestige class, you can go ahead and tack on a domain spell to each little level of spells you can pass. Pretty sweet if you're after one specific domain effect and or spell.

What I find particularly sexy about all this is if you go ahead and take a look at the Nentyar Hunter (unapproachable east), you'll notice she has access to 4th level spells by level 4. Pretty damn awesome if you ask me. Thing is, Alertness, Combat Casting, Track.... pretty s**ty feats. Track I can gain by being half-minotaur (or a brazilian other ways), but MAN alertness and combat casting... such a waste!

Can anyone think of any other classes with this quick spell progression that doesn't have stupid wasteful prereqs?

Bonus Points if you can just find an even EASIER way to get 'freedom of movement' with little or no dips.

Greenish
2013-12-13, 05:20 PM
So, I dunno if you've noticed this, kid, but Sovereign Speaker gives you nine bonus domains.

The staple quick casting PrCs are usually Ur-priest and Sublime Chord, both of which get up to 9th level spells in 10 levels. Both have fairly exacting entries, though.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 08:15 PM
I found this:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181091

but unfortunately, Nentyar Hunter is accelerated, and this table does not show that... it calls the whole thing into question.

I really wonder what else is out there.

hmmmm decisions... decisions....

Greenish
2013-12-13, 09:08 PM
Nentyar Hunter is nice, but it doesn't really get spells any earlier than full casters. What are you trying to accomplish?

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 09:13 PM
Freedom of Movement *and* Dimdoor

By taking only 3 levels of Hunter and 1 of Contemplative I get both (travel domain) for 4 levels instead of 7. With the other 3 levels I can take rouge to get 2d6 and be ready for ShadowLord.

My current buid uses Shaman to accomplish this. But research and study of 'tiers' has made me feel guilty to use a tier one class anyway....

Greenish
2013-12-13, 09:19 PM
You can't enter Nentyar Hunter before 6th level, so you have a few to play with.

Psyren
2013-12-13, 09:28 PM
I see the problem here - yes, you get 4th-level spells from Nentyar Hunter 4, but you can't get into Nentyar Hunter until you have 5 levels in something else. So you're Nentyar Hunter 4 actually gets 4th-level spells at character level 9, which is slower than most full casters.