PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU stat up a Primarch?

claypigeons
2013-12-13, 04:34 PM
Primarchs (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Primarch#.Uqt5o47X2Qw)

The obvious route would be Paragon template on a Divine Rank 0 human.

But I am DMing what amounts to E10. I want them to be an extremely tough challenge, but that is a little much.

So I ask the Playground: How would you stat a Primarch-like being as a CR15-16 creature?

Blackhawk748
2013-12-13, 04:46 PM
Well first off, all of their stats should prbly be an 18, lets be honest they are the pinacle of humanity, they just have personality quirks, i would say gestalt them with two martial classes, except Magnus, put the other side as Sorcerer.

watchwood
2013-12-13, 05:06 PM
I dunno about an 18 in every stat, they were all well above average but they all had flaws too.

I like the Gestault idea though. I would mix that with a point buy stats well above anyone else in the campaign world, and have them have more levels then most others as well.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-13, 05:14 PM
Ok so an 18 everywhere may be a bi extreme but they should be all very high physically, i would say 16 minimum there and nothing below a 12, then maybe give them one stat a +4 boost, as each one was REALLY good at something

Kaveman26
2013-12-13, 05:19 PM
Take a Titan, replace the SLA,SQ, and Feats with Class Levels of a Psion or Psychic Warrior. Then knock off for lunch.

From my understanding even in 40K terms a Primarch was a pinnacle of strength and power.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-13, 05:24 PM
i think a titan may be too big, drop it to Large and i think your about there though

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-13, 05:28 PM
i think a titan may be too big, drop it to Large and i think your about there though

Large is a regular space marine.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-13, 05:32 PM
A regular space marine in power armor is proximately 7 feet tall, this is actual canon btw, now Primarchs were taller, but i wouldnt say Huge, as thats like 15 feet tall

Ranting Fool
2013-12-13, 05:34 PM
Take a Titan, replace the SLA,SQ, and Feats with Class Levels of a Psion or Psychic Warrior. Then knock off for lunch.

From my understanding even in 40K terms a Primarch was a pinnacle of strength and power.

Space Marines are like Ogres to Humans. A fully grown man comes up to the shoulders. Primarchs (most of them) dwarf their Space Marines.

So Either Huge or Large with Powerful Build.
They are meant to be:
stupidly strong.
almost (but not quite) unthinkably tough (One got sucked into space without a suit and lived)
so much faster then they should be for their size.
and the majority of them are super genius level intelligence (Though some display this better then others. Brains that work out space combat battles as they happen faster then any computer could ect)
Not very big on the wisdom (most of them anyway)
and they are all so very very charismatic that they lead armies and conquered their worlds (most of them while children or very young men) with people almost worshiping them.
Also they all seem to be at the very least a little bit psychic

They are not meant to be the best a person can be. They are the best the human genome could produce if tinkered with by a super-mega-genius for X amount of years.

18 on all stats is underplaying it a bit :smallbiggrin:

I would go for Large Powerful Build, with some form of regen. Spell resistance (or just very good saves) and DR.

claypigeons
2013-12-13, 05:42 PM
Adeptus Astartes in Terminator armour are around 7.5-8ft. That's a tall Goliath, so still medium. Alpharius was the smallest physically of the Primarchs, and could tightly squeeze into modified legion plate. I would say Large size is a good point of reference.