PDA

View Full Version : Monster PC Druid

LordAshenshield
2013-12-13, 06:13 PM
Ok in a Gestalt game of ours someone wants to be a Centaur on one end and a Druid on the other.

But he was curious how he should go about this build?

Well he is interested in Minotaur or Half Minotaur Druid.

He wants to know if as a Druid he could use Wildshape to transform into a human form or something?

Also what should he have to worry about with these monsters classes. And what class should he throw onto his monster side when he completes his progression?

Phelix-Mu
2013-12-13, 06:16 PM
Pretty sure he'd have to take Master of Many Forms PrC (Complete Adventurer) to be able to wild shape into human form. With enough levels in druid, A Thousand Faces class feature might also work, but mind the errata (actually, I think the errata makes this not work for a centaur, not sure about the half-minotaur).

LordAshenshield
2013-12-13, 06:17 PM
Ah ok, he would just want to look human for when he has to go into town.

Of course he is Large in either form and he didnt want to have to wait outside of town.

eggynack
2013-12-13, 06:27 PM
Ooh, this is an easy one. You're looking for fangshields druid substitution levels from champions of valor page 40. The seventh level substitution level trades off the wild shape/day you would otherwise gain for the ability to wild shape into medium humanoid forms. I've been looking up a couple of minor ways to gain utility out of it, like wild shaping into a troglodyte for stench, or into a githzerai and using enhance wild shape for SR, but you can always use it for the obvious intended purpose, which is what you're doing. Neat. The other substitution levels are reasonably worthwhile too.

LordAshenshield
2013-12-13, 06:31 PM
Alright so what class should go in with the Druid after the monsters LA is accounted for.

eggynack
2013-12-13, 06:37 PM
Factotum 8 is a pretty nice set of levels, if only for the action economy boosting. A two level monk dip has that wis to AC thing, though I'd just buy a belt and call it a day. Swordsage levels can grant some passive benefits, particularly with stances. A cloistered cleric dip can set you down the road to DMM persist, and get you cloistered cleric stuff besides. Finally, the ardent is a neat psionics class with wisdom synergy, so that could work out.