PDA

View Full Version : Manual of the Planes

Zvendels
2007-01-16, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, was just wondering since I'm going to run a pretty big part of my campaign in Sigil and Outland.

So I was wondering if the MOTP or Planar handbook has any good material for
those two places?

Thanks!

I_Got_This_Name
2007-01-16, 01:27 PM
There's a bit.

All of the real info is 2e Planescape stuff, though, so you'll have to go a-digging for the good, detailed information.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-01-16, 01:32 PM
Don't know about Planar Handbook, but Manual of the Planes doesn't have much to offer. I'd wager that if you know enough to ask about it, you already know pretty much all that book has to tell you. And I don't think there's much more in Manual of the Planes about the Outlands as a whole than there is in the 3.5 DMG. (After all, the entry in the DMG is just an abridged version of the one from MotP.)

I suggest looking for websites devoted to the Planescape setting. There's bound to be some "3e update" type sites. (http://www.planewalker.com/index.php) If you have any 2e Planescape material, you can use that as a reference as well.

Zvendels
2007-01-16, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys!
I just Love how helpfull this forum is.

Glyde
2007-01-16, 04:25 PM
Last I checked the 2e Planewalkers Handbook doesn't have too much info on the places in particular. I'll have to check.

Jack Mann
2007-01-16, 05:02 PM
The Planar Handbook has some information on Sigil. It's been a while since I read it, so I'm not sure how useful it is, but it's about five or six pages worth, compared to the half-page Sigil gets in the Manual of the Planes.

erewhon
2007-01-16, 06:51 PM
Hey guys, was just wondering since I'm going to run a pretty big part of my campaign in Sigil and Outland.

So I was wondering if the MOTP or Planar handbook has any good material for
those two places?

Thanks!

Also see the Epic Level Handbook, there's a mini-scenario set in the outlands, and an alternative Planar metropolis class city.

In case the PC's wear out their welcome in Sigil. :D

Matthew
2007-01-16, 07:45 PM
Check out Planewalker (http://www.planewalker.com/index.php), if you have not already.

Zvendels
2007-01-17, 12:17 PM
Check out Planewalker (http://www.planewalker.com/index.php), if you have not already.

Yeah I found that site, it's great pretty much what I was looking for.

bosssmiley
2007-01-17, 12:43 PM
Hi Zvendels. If you like the Planescape vibe then "Planar Handbook" and a couple of Dragon back issues (#315 and #339 IIRC) have prestige classes based on most of the old Planescape factions. There are quite a few references to how pre-Faction War Sigil used to run in their fluff.

As for material on Sigil or the Outlands in particular, it seems to be pretty much "Manual of the Planes", any old 2nd Ed Planescape stuff you can scrounge up on eBay (well worth the money), planewalker.com and, if you can find it, the excellent "Planescape: Torment" CRPG.

potatocubed
2007-01-17, 12:52 PM
RPGNow do a brisk trade in out-of-print 2nd Ed material, including the whole Planescape line. For $5 or something you can get a scanned version of an entire boxed set.

Your best bets for Sigil fluff are... the Planescape box set and the Factol's Manifesto, and the extended adventure Faction War. For the Outlands, I'd recommend Planes of Conflict and... there was a book called 'Player's Guide to the Outlands' or something. Planar Primer? I forget.

Of course, you'll have to 3.x them all yourself, but that shouldn't be too tricky. Old-school Rilmani FTW.