PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Question

PraxisVetli
2013-12-13, 07:20 PM
Okay, so I'm not sure I follow their mechanic for Readied Maneuvers.
Take for example, Level 1 Crusader. He has 5 maneuvers. And begins the Encounter with 2 randomly chosen.
I intend to write them all on Note Cards, for the record.
So, Turn 1
Maneuvers 2&3.
Suppose I use #2, and at end of turn, I "draw" #5.
I now, at the end of turn 1, have maneuvers 3&5.
Do I hold them, for next turn? or at the start of turn 2 do I "shuffle and redraw," with my stack of four remaining maneuvers?
If I redraw, then it seems simple, just keep repeating.
If I hold, then on turn 2, suppose I don't use any. Then, I "Draw" #1. Do I know have 1,5, and 3 to choose from on Turn 3? (Making it possible to sit through the first few rounds doing nothing in order to access the entire list of maneuvers (never said it was good idea, just hypothetically)?)

And, do stances go in the Deck, or are they seperate, always able to openly choose?

Callin
2013-12-13, 07:28 PM
You have access to all of your stances at all times.

The way the Maneuvers work. You have access to 2 random at the start of combat. At the end of that round you gain another random one. So forth for the next round. Until you can no longer gain any new ones. THEN they all reshuffle back into the deck and you get 2 new ones and start the process over again.

PraxisVetli
2013-12-13, 07:36 PM
So its like my second idea then, where they just keep adding, assuming I (for whatever reason) don't use them, at least until I have all of them in "Hand", at which point they all reshuffle and I "Draw" two?

Callin
2013-12-13, 07:40 PM
Rd 1 you get 2 and 4
Rd 2 you get 2 and 4, use 2 gain 1
Rd 3 you get 1 and 4 use none gain 3
Rd 4 you get 1 , 4, and 3. Use 4 gain 5
Rd 5 you get 1, 3, and 5 use none LOSE ALL and start back over at Rd 1.

PraxisVetli
2013-12-13, 07:48 PM
Rd 1 you get 2 and 4
Rd 2 you get 2 and 4, use 2 gain 1
Rd 3 you get 1 and 4 use none gain 3
Rd 4 you get 1 , 4, and 3. Use 4 gain 5
Rd 5 you get 1, 3, and 5 use none LOSE ALL and start back over at Rd 1.

Alright, thats how I thought, just wanted to make sure, because I wasn't positive and I believe I'm the first Martial adept to enter this DM's table, so figured I'd make absolute sure for him too.
Thanks!

one more quick.
On round 5, would that kick Vital Recovery?

Callin
2013-12-13, 07:52 PM
Yes because that is your refresh mechanic.

PraxisVetli
2013-12-13, 07:56 PM
Yes because that is your refresh mechanic.

Making sure.
Thanks a lot man!

Callin
2013-12-13, 07:58 PM
Not a problem. I dont usually play a normal Crusader because of the Randomness. I play an "Idiot" Crusader. I pick 2 (or 3 with Extra Granted Maneuver) and thats it. Then I always have the Maneuvers I like.

Grams
2013-12-13, 09:07 PM
Take extra granted maneuver feat and simplify everything.

Particle_Man
2013-12-14, 01:18 AM
You have access to all of your stances at all times.

More accurately, you have access to any of your stances one at at time, at the cost of a swift action to switch stances.

Callin
2013-12-14, 09:15 AM
More accurately, you have access to any of your stances one at at time, at the cost of a swift action to switch stances.

Well if you want to be technical about it :smallbiggrin:

Though I did answer his question fine. lol

Gwendol
2013-12-14, 09:21 AM
I like the randomness, it's an extra dimension to the game.

Particle_Man
2013-12-14, 11:17 AM
Yeah I use playing cards with my crusader, with a list numbering them off and the suits telling me which discipline (really only relevant for Stone Dragon (clubs) for my character as I have to be touching the ground to pull those off).

It can be fun when you don't know what you are going to do next round. But that may be an acquired taste. :smallbiggrin:

Particle_Man
2013-12-14, 01:20 PM
Well if you want to be technical about it :smallbiggrin:

Though I did answer his question fine. lol

Oh yeah, I knew you knew, I just wasn't sure if the OP knew. :smallsmile: