PDA

View Full Version : Ectoplasmic Cocoon

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 09:57 PM
Already, so there is a psionic power, ectoplasmic cocoon, when used by a Soul-Knife it is unavoidable. When the higher level 'Mass Ectoplasmic Cocoon' is used, it itself is in fact, unavoidable.

I've been very uptight about this, and refuse (almost, pathologically) to create a character that can be beaten by this.

My current solution is to have 'freedom of movement' on call. And dimension door to disappear from it. Finding builds to give me this power has twisted my builds into some pretty tight corridors.

Perhaps I am have been too narrow minded. Can y'all think of any clever counters to it?

Psyren
2013-12-13, 10:04 PM
Are you reading 3.0 psionics? The 3.5 version (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/ectoplasmicCocoon.htm) has a reflex save to negate. Also, Soulknives can't manifest powers in 3.5.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-13, 10:10 PM
myeah.... my group is currently going through the process of updateing ourselves... we quit playing way back as 3.5 was being released... and its a hard pill to swallow for us.

Someday, we'll probably be fully updated, but as it stands... we are a weird combination, and I need a build to suit.