PDA

View Full Version : Small Humans

GhengisConrad
2013-12-14, 12:13 AM
Small Playables (anything with a posted level adjustment, or standard race) that would qualify for the 'human heritage' feat.... Bonus points for wings.

GO!

GhengisConrad
2013-12-14, 10:49 AM
Derro. I found Derro. Derro have human blood and are small... +2 level adjustment... kinda steep....

Seriously, can no one else think of anything?

Gorfnod
2013-12-14, 10:55 AM
Why not play a "little person" human? Everything is the exact same except for small size and -2 str/+2 dex.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-14, 11:00 AM
because we are RAW whores, and what I'm actually trying to play is a half minotaur feral shadow walker as a medium sized; and the only way to do that is to apply half minotaur to a small (feralized) creature, and then use 'human heritage' to give it also the ability to acquire the 'shadowwalker' template....

unless someone can find some kind of president that would make shadowwalker a sometimes inherited template. Then I could maybe restructure the order and think of new combos.... but as it stands....

CyberThread
2013-12-14, 11:14 AM
Okay you are raw .... folks,

Rp that you have a small sized character, therefore you fall into the small category, giving you raw. In raw, you are given a sliding bar of the average size , height, weight, age , and all that stuff. So by raw, if your character is smaller then the given sliding bar, you go down a size category, and the RAW of all that comes with that.

ShurikVch
2013-12-14, 01:02 PM
Half-giant or half-ogre after spell Return to Nature
Alternately, you can use Human, half-elf, half-orc or lesser planetouched with half-troll template, but it will be suboptimal LA-wise

Kuulvheysoon
2013-12-14, 02:11 PM
Half-giant or half-ogre after spell Return to Nature
Alternately, you can use Human, half-elf, half-orc or lesser planetouched with half-troll template, but it will be suboptimal LA-wise

Agreed. Half-Giant post-Return to Nature is likely going to be your best bet.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-14, 04:17 PM
I always wondered why dwarfism isn't a thing in dnd.

Studoku
2013-12-14, 04:57 PM
I always wondered why dwarfism isn't a thing in dnd.
Because actual dwarfs.

KillianHawkeye
2013-12-14, 06:18 PM
unless someone can find some kind of president that would make shadowwalker a sometimes inherited template.

I think the only president that could make that change for you is the president/CEO of WotC. :smallamused:

The Trickster
2013-12-14, 06:54 PM
Because actual dwarfs.

They also have Strongheart halflings too. They even get the level 1 bonus feat.

TuggyNE
2013-12-14, 07:25 PM
Rp that you have a small sized character, therefore you fall into the small category, giving you raw. In raw, you are given a sliding bar of the average size , height, weight, age , and all that stuff. So by raw, if your character is smaller then the given sliding bar, you go down a size category, and the RAW of all that comes with that.

I beg your pardon? That's the wrong way to handle specific vs general. The general rule is that creatures of various approximate size ranges fall into their appropriate size categories, but specific creatures have their size categories quite clearly specified. Dwarves can be as short as 3' 8" if female, but are Medium creatures just the same, because they are stated to be Medium.

And, of course, humans cannot be less 4' 6" anyway, so the point is moot.