PDA

View Full Version : Magaambyan Arcanist for sorcerers

Naomi Li
2013-12-14, 04:13 AM
I think the flavour (and the adding druid spells mechanic) of the Magaambyan Arcanist (Collegiate Arcanist for non-setting specifics) is exceptionally neat. However, I prefer spontaneous casting over prepared casting by a significant margin, and almost all of the mechanics for the class are prepared-caster only (and always require at least one level in wizard just to qualify, if I recall correctly).

So, if anyone could point me towards a version of the prestige class for sorcerers (and MAYBE bards, though I doubt it would work well... at alll) it would be greatly appreciated.

Alleran
2013-12-14, 04:21 AM
I'm not sure that a spontaneous version exists, since it's pretty solidly a Wizard PrC. However, if you just want the "adding druid spells" mechanic, then Inner Sea Magic has the Magaambya as an Arcane School that your character can attend. As you gain Fame and Prestige, you can spend some of that Prestige for the Ancient Mwangi Magic reward (as many times as you have the Prestige for it), which does the same thing as the class ability as far as getting druid spells onto your arcane list goes.

There's also the Daivrat's Spell-Fetch ability, if you want to grab more spells from other classes to add to your list (and Spell-Fetch is pretty clear that it works for a sorcerer).

Naomi Li
2013-12-14, 05:23 AM
Thanks, Alleran, wasn't familiar with the best boon for that academy. However, the academy version is actually a lot weaker than the prestige class version. The prestige class version requires you to pick a spell that is two levels lower than your highest spell level available but it is the same level as it is on the druid spell list. The academy version increases the spell level.