PDA

View Full Version : Does Greater Rebuking exist for undead?

Totema
2013-12-14, 05:06 AM
I just noticed this little gem in ECS:

Deathless Domain
Deity: The Undying Court.
Granted Power: Once per day, you can perform a greater rebuking against deathless creatures in place of one of your turn undead attempts. The greater rebuking is like a normal rebuking except that the deathless creatures that would be rebuked are commanded instead.

This would be really nice for evil clerics to get their mitts on, but for undead they tend to work with. Has there ever been a comparable version of this ability for undead in WotC material?

OldTrees1
2013-12-14, 05:45 AM
Not to my (or google's) knowledge. So not in any of the 50 books I have.

Totema
2013-12-14, 05:52 AM
That's disappointing. They missed an opportunity, I think.

Ah well. Houserule away!

Silva Stormrage
2013-12-14, 06:33 AM
I would suggest not houseruling that actually. I had a homebrew class that used to have that ability, upon playtesting it became absurdly overpowered. Rebuke undead with items already can control incredibly high level undead, allowing a greater rebuke would make them command any relevant enemy and essentially force DM's to never send undead against them as they would just become minions.

Totema
2013-12-14, 07:24 PM
Normally, I wouldn't dream of it - but the case I have in mind is a solo adventure where my player is essentially turning himself into a new god of death. I'm not worrying about balance there.

Silva Stormrage
2013-12-14, 07:31 PM
Normally, I wouldn't dream of it - but the case I have in mind is a solo adventure where my player is essentially turning himself into a new god of death. I'm not worrying about balance there.

Ah ya in that case go for it :smalltongue:

If you get to epic this is a fun homebrew class for that http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13461696&postcount=20