PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] Skills and Saves

Fax Celestis
2007-01-16, 03:21 PM
Anatomical Familiarity
Requirements: Heal 4 ranks, Int 15+

Benefit: You may use your Intelligence modifier in place of your Constitution modifier when determining your Fortitude save. In addition, you may add your Intelligence modifier to your attack bonus as a circumstance bonus when making an attack that deals precision damage.

Force of Personality
Requirements: Bluff 4 ranks, Charisma 15+

Benefit: You may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier when determining your Will save.

Preternatural Psycholocation [Psionic]
Requirements: Psionic character, Lightning Reflexes

Benefit: You may add your primary manifesting statistic's modifier to your Reflex saves.

Resistance Training
Requirements: Iron Will, Endurance, Con 15+

Benefit: You add your Constitution modifer to your Will save in addition to your Wisdom modifier.

Skillful Penchant
Requirements: BAB +1, Intelligence 15+

Benefit: You gain an extra two skill points each time you gain a level after taking this feat. In addition, you gain one skill point to be used immediately for each of your levels when you take this feat, including one for the current level.

Special: Your Base Attack Bonus decreases by 1.

Twisted.Fate
2007-01-16, 03:31 PM
Don't know about the BAB decrease from Resistance Training - I'm not really sure why would that happen. I would reduce another saving throw, really...makes more sense (ie, you've neglected your Ref or Fort to buff up your Will save).

Fax Celestis
2007-01-16, 03:34 PM
It represents combat training with a focus on resistance rather than offense.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 03:35 PM
I would drop the Sense Motive requirement from Force of Personality. Heck, i might even drop the Iron Will requirement.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-16, 03:39 PM
I would drop the Sense Motive requirement from Force of Personality. Heck, i might even drop the Iron Will requirement.

Really? Explain.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 03:57 PM
Well, the Sense Motive requirement doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, the whole point of the feat is that your force of personality is so great that it allows you to resist mind-affecting spells. Why should such a character be required to be skilled at piercing lies and mundane deceptions? That's a Wis-based thing. It just doesn't fit the flavor of the feat.

As for the Iron Will bit, I suppose that's just my feeling that anyone who wants this feat should be able to grab it at 1st level, and requiring Iron Will restricts the 1st-level availability to humans.

Twisted.Fate
2007-01-16, 03:57 PM
It represents combat training with a focus on resistance rather than offense.

It feels rather unbalanced. Lower-level characters are not going to want this, with its -2 BAB and 2-feat prerequisite. On the other hand, higher-level characters are going to be stepping all over themselves for it, 'cause at that point, a -2 for +10 tradeoff is fantastic, especially for say...a rogue. Their high Dex can easily make up for the loss of BAB, and +10 to a rogue's will save is great.

Or a ranger - they get Endurance free. +10 to Will for two feats?

Consider: A second-level fighter is not going to take this: -2 BAB for +1 Will is not a good tradeoff for them. Attack comes in useful in every single combat. Will comes in useful when fighting certain things. On the other hand, a 20th level fighter can probably stomach sacrificing 2 BAB for +10 to his will save. Wow. That's obscene. Ten to his Will save, for a mere 3 feats, never mind that one of them already contributes to his Will? That's supposed to be a fighter's weakness.

Or consider an Epic wizard adding +10 to his Will save. You thought he was scary unbeatable before...but now he's like an armored tank of impenetrable Will.

I would suggest scaling the BAB loss with the level gain, rather than a flat -2. The flat penalty makes it too difficult for lower-level characters, and too great for higher-level.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-16, 04:05 PM
Alright. I'll change it.

EDIT: Howzat?

Proven_Paradox
2007-01-16, 04:38 PM
Is there a reason you're REPLACING ability scores with Anatomical Familiarity and Force of Personality, but ADDING ability scores with Preternatural Psycholocation and Resistance Training? That seems a bit unfair to the people who'd be interested in the first two feats, especially since the prereqs are so similar.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-16, 04:39 PM
I'll downgrade the replacement reqs.

Traveling_Angel
2007-01-16, 08:12 PM
I see Bluff as a bit odd for Force of Personality, As being forceful has nothing to do with lying. Sense motive doesn't make sense either, as already stated. Intimidate may work for some, but not all. Diplomacy seems weird, but is the most general.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 08:15 PM
Why not just drop the skill prereq altogether? Cha 15+ by itself works fine, IMO. 13+, even, since it's not all that powerful a feat.