PDA

View Full Version : limited druid casting

cakellene
2013-12-14, 09:36 AM
Looking at Nature's Warrior PrC, what sort of tricks could a Wild Shaping monk do with 2 Druid casting levels?

prufock
2013-12-14, 11:22 AM
I don't think the wild monk variant gets any casting, so the +1 spellcasting has no base to progress.

IAmTehDave
2013-12-14, 11:43 AM
I don't think the wild monk variant gets any casting, so the +1 spellcasting has no base to progress.

Actually, from the class description, "If the character did not belong to a divine spellcasting class before attaining 2nd level in the prestige class, she gains a druid spellcasting level."

nedz
2013-12-14, 12:03 PM
Not very much, though with a few more levels it might help. It's not that there aren't any spells it's just that the durations will be quite short — Practised Spellcaster may help here.

The following spells are potentially useful
Shillelagh (1) — Brambles (2) — Spikes / Entangling Staff(3)
Since Quarterstaff is a Monk weapon and you can Flurry with it.

There are a wide number of other useful buffs as well.

CyberThread
2013-12-14, 12:10 PM
Eh some usual stuff, but may require a one level dip in another base class

Lion of Tis
Daggersspell shaper

Is a wild monk required to still be lawful ?

Really I would treat it as gaining SLA's more then thinking of ways to mix the two factors.

cakellene
2013-12-14, 12:24 PM
Wild Monk can only be LN.

prufock
2013-12-14, 02:29 PM
Actually, from the class description, "If the character did not belong to a divine spellcasting class before attaining 2nd level in the prestige class, she gains a druid spellcasting level."

Interesting, and unusual.

Well, there are some useful first-level druid spells, some have been pointed out. I don't think there's really a lot that opens up to particular "tricks" though.

CyberThread
2013-12-14, 03:56 PM
umm.....you get to use druid spells without needing UMD's that is always a good thing.

and you get over 100 spells to chose from at the start of your day, so there is that.