PDA

View Full Version : How to build a Crit-fisher

Dr. Azkur
2013-12-14, 12:28 PM
I'd like a little advice at building a crit-fisher, the basic guidelines principally.

(Does keen stack with improved critical?)

Thanks in advance! :smallbiggrin:

geekintheground
2013-12-14, 12:44 PM
keen does not stack with improved crit, but theres a 3.0 PRC class in BoVD that triples crit range that specifically does stack. i believe you start with aptitude kukri's, improved crit. theres a barbarian ACF that increases the threat range by 1 or 2 on a charge or against a flat footed foe (IIRC), along with disciple of dispator (the PRC class mentioned above). so you threaten on 9-20 (8-20 on charge). unfortunately, you cant use DoD with kaorti resin, since your weapons have to be steel/iron

GameSpawn
2013-12-14, 12:57 PM
keen does not stack with improved crit, but theres a 3.0 PRC class in BoVD that triples crit range that specifically does stack. i believe you start with aptitude kukri's, improved crit. theres a barbarian ACF that increases the threat range by 1 or 2 on a charge or against a flat footed foe (IIRC), along with disciple of dispator (the PRC class mentioned above). so you threaten on 9-20 (8-20 on charge). unfortunately, you cant use DoD with kaorti resin, since your weapons have to be steel/iron

The ACF you're thinking of is streetfighter, from the Cityscapse web enhancement. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) It increases the threat range by 1.

Vortenger
2013-12-14, 12:57 PM

Basics of Crit Fishing:

1. Grab any 18-20/x2 crit ratio weapon
2. Add Keen / Improved Crit (Now crit range is 15-20)
3. Grab enchants and/or abilities that focus on crits (i.e. Blood in the Water stance from ToB, or life draining WSA)

4. (Optional but notable) Psychic Weapons Master (WotC Mind's Eye) and Disciple of Dispater (class above poster references) can add even more to your crit range, making you crit on an 11-13+ (even better with some wacky combinations)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-14, 01:07 PM
Don't forget Lightning Mace, which lets you make an extra attack whenever you crit. Combine with Aptitude weapons for added fun.

Vortenger
2013-12-14, 01:30 PM
Right, thanks. Those were kind of the op-fu cherries on top.