PDA

View Full Version : Damphir Eldritch Theurge?

RavynsLand
2013-12-14, 03:22 PM
So I have an upcoming forum game coming on another site. I'm well-respected in that particular community and wanted to make sure that I didn't make an idiot out of myself with a build that doesn't end up working well, so I wanted to run it past you guys first.

My plan:

Race: Damphir (Dayborn because who cares about finding undead and light sensitivity blows). Bonus to dex and cha are crucial for this, darkvision is always useful, and I'm gonna try to exploit the negative energy thingy.

Class: Undead-Bloodline Sorcerer, four levels. Three-level dip of warlock and then straight into Eldritch Theurge as hard and fast as I can.

Plan: This works perfectly in my mind but I'm afraid I'm missing something. I want to focus on mostly eldritch blasts for direct damage, take a few reserve spell feats to exploit the fact that I'm a sorc, use incantations for constant effects and my selection of spells for specialized things (like Orbs, AoE's, and Negative Energy Spells).

So what this should lead to, in my mind, is a badass, invisible, flying, living vampire with no weaknesses who can breathe water, shoots energy bolts, is self-healing, never runs out of reserve spells and abilities, and is essentially a destructive little toolbox stuffed to the gills with neat abilities. Hit points are going to be an issue, but the DR from Warlock/ET should help with that in some small way, as will invisibility and the ability to heal myself with negative energy effects.

So: Thoughts? Suggestions? I don't have access to every book ever so I may not be able to do a wildly complex build filled with loops and cheats, nor am I particularly interested in going for a serious powerplay. I'm playing with relatively casual folks who will probably get a little testy if I become the Scarlet Witch of the group.

Snowbluff
2013-12-14, 03:23 PM
You need 3 levels of Warlock unless you have a Chasuble.

RavynsLand
2013-12-14, 03:26 PM
Ah my bad. Don't have the book in front of me.

RavynsLand
2013-12-14, 04:51 PM
Anyone else on this one?

Snowbluff
2013-12-14, 06:12 PM
You really should invest in some early entry stuff. Versatile Spellcaster and Heighten, and the Chasuble of Fell Power. This means you only need 1 level of either class, and neither caster progression is injured too far.

Frightening Blast is a good option early on thanks to your sorcerer touch attack.

RavynsLand
2013-12-14, 06:17 PM
Alright. I plan to be mainly a sorceress so depending on whether our DM will let us start out at a higher level, I'll try to buy the chausuble with starting gold so I can only take 1 'lock level.

Any recommendations for negative energy spells? The undead twist is what makes this unique and I'm scrambling to find some DD negative spells for mages but finding there... aren't many.