PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get more half-dragons?

gurgleflep
2013-12-14, 08:09 PM
I'm looking for more half-dragon templates. Other than Races of the Dragons and the Monster Manual, where can I find them? I'm going to be DMing a campaign relatively soon and would like to make a city out of them, both evil and good. All sources are available for use especially if somebody has a half-brainstealer dragon, as they are my favorite.

Telonius
2013-12-14, 09:50 PM
I very, very rarely link to it, but this is one case where dandwiki actually has some useful information: list of all dragons (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/True_Dragon_Index_%283.5e_Other%29). The half-dragon template can be applied to any living, corporeal creature. The selected Dragon type determines the immunity and the type of breath weapon.

If you're looking for an alternate kind of half-dragon template, I don't believe there is one. The only thing close to it that I can think of would be Dragonborn of Bahamut, from Races of the Dragon.

gurgleflep
2013-12-14, 10:39 PM
I very, very rarely link to it, but this is one case where dandwiki actually has some useful information: list of all dragons (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/True_Dragon_Index_%283.5e_Other%29). The half-dragon template can be applied to any living, corporeal creature. The selected Dragon type determines the immunity and the type of breath weapon.

If you're looking for an alternate kind of half-dragon template, I don't believe there is one. The only thing close to it that I can think of would be Dragonborn of Bahamut, from Races of the Dragon.

That's pretty helpful, thank you :smallbiggrin: I can understand not linking to that site often though, I've heard a lot of less-than-nice things about it.
And I'm looking for half-dragons similar to the regular just of different types - what can I say, I like variety? :smalltongue:

I do have a question though: in the case of the brainstealer half-dragon, would it have a mind blast instead of a breath attack similar to the dragon it's based off of?

Ganorenas
2013-12-15, 09:17 PM
Since you are DM, it would be fair to give it both Mindblast and a Breath attack if the Dragon had both (i'm not familiar with the dragon in question but can imagine it pretty well).

Draconomicon also has a few feats and tables (i think it has a table with a list of half dragon abilities by dragon, or it's the one if RotD you mentioned earlier) that can make some of them more unique.

There are also Draconians in the Dagonlance campaign setting. Not half dragons but also interesting for their Dragon lineage and fluff.

On a smaller note, you can also apply the Draconic template if you wanted a simpler or less than half dragon draconic creature.

Angelalex242
2013-12-15, 11:11 PM
Well, if you and a dragon love each other very much...

gurgleflep
2013-12-16, 02:43 PM
Since you are DM, it would be fair to give it both Mindblast and a Breath attack if the Dragon had both (i'm not familiar with the dragon in question but can imagine it pretty well).

Draconomicon also has a few feats and tables (i think it has a table with a list of half dragon abilities by dragon, or it's the one if RotD you mentioned earlier) that can make some of them more unique.

There are also Draconians in the Dagonlance campaign setting. Not half dragons but also interesting for their Dragon lineage and fluff.

On a smaller note, you can also apply the Draconic template if you wanted a simpler or less than half dragon draconic creature.

The brainstealer doesn't have a breath weapon, the mind blast takes the place of it and advances like a more common dragon though. I've not looked at the Draconomicon yet but I do recall a table in Races of the Dragon - I'll check both out soon, as well as the Draconians. Thank you for the suggestions/tips :smallsmile:

Where's the draconic template though? I've not heard of it.

Well, if you and a dragon love each other very much...

HA! That puts both a very humorous and frightening picture in my head at the same time :smalltongue::smalleek: