PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Oots Character

Haruki-kun
2007-01-16, 05:39 PM
Ok, simplest thread ever. Who is your favorite OOTS character? And no, no Miko, Xykon, Redcoak, MITD, Demon Roaches or Linear Guild. Just the Six members of the Order of the Stick.

I don't think I have to name them for you ^^'.

:belkar: :vaarsuvius: :elan: :durkon: :haley: :roy:

Krytha
2007-01-16, 06:39 PM

:roy:

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-16, 06:41 PM
:belkar: ... I guess but really it depends on the strip and the mood I'm in. They are all great for some reason or another.

TRM
2007-01-16, 07:14 PM
:vaarsuvius: (s)he is awesome, dry wit, power, my favorite, hands down.

vaarsuvius followers unite!!

Wiione
2007-01-16, 07:22 PM
I like them all, but I suppose Roy and Belkar.

Talyn
2007-01-16, 08:35 PM
I picked Roy, but the new and oddly-effective Elan is a close second.

mockingbyrd7
2007-01-16, 09:29 PM
I made this thread before, but I guess it's pretty important for it to be constantly restarted as opinions of characters can shift rapidly. For me, though:

1: Elan
2: Vaarsuvius
3: Haley/Belkar
4: Roy/Durkon

I like all of the members of the OoTS very much. If Durkon were featured more, my opinion of him would probably rise. But he's not used enough in general, compared to Elan or Roy.
Vaarsuvius is great, but nothing can compare to Elan. No, not even Thog.
Haley is very good and probably has the most (or close to the most) character development. The whole no-talking thing has kind of put me off her though. I mean, it's been going since strip 247.
Belkar is very good in an evil, demented, lecherous way. In real life I would despise him and avoid him at all costs. But in the comic he's pretty funny - but if any of it were real he'd be horrifyingly horrifying.
Roy is more annoyed and pessimistic more than anything, and I still haven't forgiven him for some of the stuff he's done, for example waltzing into the warehouse alone. I mean, COME ON, how could he walk into a trap like that?

Mr_Saturn
2007-01-16, 10:03 PM
I guess im a sole :durkon: fan....

Ganjuu-kun
2007-01-16, 10:06 PM
I'd have to say either Belkar or Durkon. Belkar is for all the jokes, but Durkon has all sorts of subtle jokes and puns hidden around him (besides the whole tree thing)

Jewel Thief
2007-01-16, 10:08 PM
I relate more to Haley, except I don't have a wealth-obsession, and I wouldn't jump on a boy like in #401...

onasuma
2007-01-17, 02:05 AM
:durkon: all the way.

vbushido
2007-01-17, 04:53 AM
:roy: because I can identify with his frustrations so well, but :durkon: is a close second.

-----
I'm not tense, just terribly alert

Druid
2007-01-17, 04:59 AM
I can only pick one? How am I supposed to do that?

Golt
2007-01-17, 05:45 AM
Definitely :belkar:. He da halfling.
:vaarsuvius: is second, mainly for Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion, but not only that.

October
2007-01-17, 06:04 AM
Easily Vaarsuvius :vaarsuvius:.

Well look at these fancy new smileys.. certainly different to last time I was on here.

Aldebaran
2007-01-17, 06:44 AM
Da halfling all the way! But,to be honest, manyof his great stuff was said/done/intended thanks to Vaarsuvius,so if this was a multichoice poll, IŽd vote for both of them

BnF95
2007-01-17, 07:05 AM
:durkon: is the Dwarf with the most. Most common sense (other than trees) and I just love his dry sense of humour.

Amon Star
2007-01-17, 07:21 AM
Has gotter be :vaarsuvius:. Which is odd, because I normally hate elves, especially elven wizards, and :vaarsuvius: is very steriotypical in many many ways. I guess it's the hidden depths that The Giant gives V that does it for me.

Second place would be :durkon:. I just love his stoicism and dry wit.

TheAnimal
2007-01-17, 07:22 AM
:belkar: just because he's such a refreshing gust of Chaotic Evil among the goodly adventurers.
:vaarsuvius: comes in a close second by the merit of undefined gender and intellectual long-windedness.

Trantor
2007-01-17, 07:27 AM
Surprising to see :vaarsuvius: having most of the votes so far. I think I remember a poll not too long ago where he (yes, he) came in last or so.

Anyway, my favourite remains :haley:, since I can identify with her the most. Oh, and strip #316 still makes me cry when I read it.

Dire Penguin
2007-01-17, 07:28 AM
I voted for :haley: Cause' I'm glad she can talk. So many votes for :vaarsuvius:

Cleverdan22
2007-01-17, 07:52 AM
I voted Elan. He's just awesome. But V made close second.

Illirion
2007-01-17, 08:01 AM
:durkon: is the one I identify with the most, by far.

May have something to do with the fact that the only D&D character that I have used for longer than one session was a dwarven cleric as well (now I just DM).

Cheers,
Illirion

Police_palace
2007-01-17, 10:25 AM
Belkar all the way! He's the first thing I wanna see when I wake up and the last thing I wanna see when I wake up. *pulls up t-shirt* GO BELKAR!:smallbiggrin:

Querzis
2007-01-17, 10:28 AM
Look at my sig...

Saithis Bladewing
2007-01-17, 10:51 AM
:vaarsuvius: with :durkon: and :belkar: right behind.

Haruki-kun
2007-01-17, 01:48 PM
:vaarsuvius: is my favorite so far, with :elan: close second an :haley: in third.

I voted for :vaarsuvius: myself, but to be honest I'm surprised. I thought :elan: would get most of the votes.

Green Bean
2007-01-17, 01:56 PM
Belkar all the way! He's the first thing I wanna see when I wake up and the last thing I wanna see when I wake up. *pulls up t-shirt* GO BELKAR!:smallbiggrin:

If you see him when you're waking up, you aren't going to be awake very long. Why? Here's a hint. It starts with "s" and ends with "litting your throat"

Ali
2007-01-17, 02:02 PM
I like Roy a lot. There NEEDS to be more story focussed on Durkon. He has been left out a little..

infiniteviking
2007-01-17, 02:12 PM
Font of wisdom
Loyal comrade
Relentless pragmatist
Powerful sage
Friend of Elan
Archfoe of Belkar
Master of Doily Power
PREPARED EXPLOSIVE RUNES THIS MORNING

:vaarsuvius:. The only logical choice.

Wraithy
2007-01-17, 02:17 PM
:durkon:
Durkon bells,
Durkon bells,
Durkon all the way,
oh what fun it is to worship Thor okaaay!

and so on

P.S: Join PETD now
(Players for the Ethical Treatment of Durkon)
:durkon:

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-17, 03:30 PM
Woohoo!! Hey everyone, I'm invisible!!

That should pretty much sum it up..

Twilight Jack
2007-01-17, 03:59 PM
Let's hear it for the man with six new skill points, the man who inspires competence in those around him, the man who is curious, the man who makes invisibility FUN (with an 18 Charisma no less . . . ever wonder why the other guys were SO uncomfortable with it? Guess that satisfies Haley's curiosity)!!!! Let's hear it for the man who knows that cross-class skills are the key to a rich and fulfilling life, the man who will never grow a goatee (sovereign glue is hell on the follicles), the man who rose from staggering incompetence to add his Charisma modifier to his damage rolls thanks to a little help from a certain Scoundrel.

Let's hear it for the man who is oddly effective and knows how to kick it up a notch. BAM! The man who knows when it's time to shut up and kiss her, the man who wants to know the answer to that eternal question, "So . . . wanna make out?"

That's right! You know him. You love him. You can't frelling live without him. Elan!!!

:haley: Wooot!! He's teh hawtness!!!
:vaarsuvius: I'm afraid I fail to see the fascination. He's well-meaning, I suppose.
:durkon: 'e's tha heart o' tha team, V.
:belkar: heh. . .Roy has boobies!!
Oh dear gods, will you let that joke die already? :roy:

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-17, 04:03 PM
OOOooo! Roy with boobies.. is he hot?

Avarial's Bow
2007-01-17, 04:05 PM
V. How could it not be Vaarsuvius? The socially inept yet love-wise, sarcastic, cunning wizard? Three cheers for the ''androgynus twit!''

Morrsleib
2007-01-18, 11:36 AM
You need banjo in that poll
but V will always be the best

Mr_Saturn
2007-01-18, 12:33 PM
Durkon is tied with roy! yay-ya! give durkon another vote!!11!

Xartyve
2007-01-18, 11:03 PM
:belkar: Cause he's the same class and race as my character (i read the OotS after the character was made).

Lithitemir
2007-01-19, 01:24 AM
:haley:

I didn't know who to choose they're all awesome. So I just picked the one with the lowest count.

Kjata
2007-01-19, 02:27 AM
Belkar is first. I always like the bad guys the most. My absolute favorite stories are about bad people. A main caharacter that is evil? Hell yeah!

Elan is next. He is funny.

Then Haley/Roy. They are decent, none too special.

Then V. The Explosive runes got oldwith their second appearance. They ruined the character for me.

Durkon is last. Clerics, dwaves, and uptight people are awful. He is all 3.

Wraithy
2007-01-19, 07:08 AM
Durkon is last. Clerics, dwaves, and uptight people are awful. He is all 3.

why do people hate the Lawful alighned?
he's not "uptight", he's traditional.
*re-reads the quote*
WHAT! dwarves are the foundation of funny d&d characters with alchohol abuse problems; racial prejudice against anything elven/chaotic.

if durkon was given a cool subplot more often, then he would be loved by more people

:durkon: :durkon: :durkon: :durkon: :durkon: :durkon: :durkon: :durkon: :durkon:

Zynex
2007-01-19, 07:38 AM
:roy: fearless leader any day...

DrowWolfrider
2007-01-19, 07:14 PM
If you did not choose :vaarsuvius: I can understand but even though Elan is the heart of the team etc. etc. V is not only the brain, but the wisdom as well, oh sure Durkon probably has an 18 for WIS but it is not just the stats but were you have been what you have donethat make you wise, and V has proven himself to be the wisest acting characer of all. And I cant get Doilies,Evar's Spiked Tentacles of forced intrusion and "I am somwhat preocupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down." out of my mind.:biggrin:

TroyXavier
2007-01-19, 07:38 PM
In order for me it's:
Elan, Hayley, V, Belkar, Roy, Durkon

WarriorTribble
2007-01-19, 07:58 PM
I got to go with the pretty boy with the mind of a child.