PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Fun Alchemist bomb combos

SamsDisciple
2013-12-15, 08:07 AM
I know that most bomb enhancements cannot be combined but there are a few gems in there that can be combined with one another (even though they reduce damage) I am in love with the general idea of the confusion bomb (though I haven't seen it in practice). The madness bomb is amazing for setting up the local SOL wizard spells, and on the SRD it says that you can combine the dispelling bomb but I dont see how it is beneficial to combine them if it gets rid of all damage from the bomb (whats the point of doing force damage if it does 0 damage?) unless you can add things like frost bomb on top so that they also have to make a save or be staggered. These can make nice combos but most bombers are throwing several bombs out a round so we can also just throw different bombs one after the other so does anyone know of fun combos to throw one after the other?

StreamOfTheSky
2013-12-15, 10:58 AM
You would combine Dispelling Bomb with the cloud ones (Smoke, Stink, etc...) since those don't care about dealing damage, you're doing it for the debuff. Dispelling Bomb is also decent with Breath Weapon Bomb to dispel multiple foes, though you have to be up close. In fact, that's the only combo where I'd ever consider using BW Bomb...

Rocket Bomb, the goblin-only one (you can take Racial Heritage to count as goblin, though) is also very good with the battlefield control and debuffing cloud type bombs. The enhanced range and area is well worth the drawbacks, and those bombs don't need a primary target to be useful.

Not a fan of Madness Bomb, though, it's pretty weak. As for Confusion Bomb, the only thing that makes it good is lack of a save to resist. If your DM houserules one in, it's complete rubbish. Normal confusion spell hits an area, and the real power of confusion is getting multiple confused foes to kill each other for you.

grarrrg
2013-12-15, 11:17 AM
As for Confusion Bomb, the only thing that makes it good is lack of a save to resist. If your DM houserules one in, it's complete rubbish. Normal confusion spell hits an area, and the real power of confusion is getting multiple confused foes to kill each other for you.

DM doesn't need to houserule anymore. FAQ (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9rbh)

SamsDisciple
2013-12-15, 12:11 PM
Well then I guess confusion bomb is no longer an option unless it was mainly for fluff... With the madness bomb I can still see it being situationally wonderful (aka stacking wisdom damage until the wizard can dominate the BBEG for an amazing pet :smallbiggrin: ) I was also thinking of other combos like a tanglefoot bomb would reduce reflex saves but are there any bombs that work on reflex saves?

StreamOfTheSky
2013-12-15, 02:58 PM
DM doesn't need to houserule anymore. FAQ (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9rbh)

Wow, the FAQ's been awful lately. :smallannoyed:

Oh well, never cared much for bomber alchemist anyway.