PDA

View Full Version : Venca Question.

Numen Wraith.
2013-12-15, 08:14 AM
Would Venca (and more specifically in this case his Clerics) be more likely to speak Infernal or Abyssal?

Gut says Infernal, but I can see both sides. Essentially, Venca is like super lich wizard jerk. I tend to think of Infernal as more arcane and Abyssal as more (evil) divine.

Opinions?

Waker
2013-12-15, 08:19 AM
I would think it would be a 50/50 split. As a Neutral Evil deity, he wouldn't have any special favoritism for Devils or Demons.

Psyren
2013-12-15, 08:21 AM
NE speaks both as they play both sides. In fact I could easily see agents of Vecna plying secrets to either faction in the Blood War.

Waker
2013-12-15, 08:24 AM
NE speaks both as they play both sides. In fact I could easily see agents of Vecna plying secrets to either faction in the Blood War.

Why throw all your eggs in one basket? Better to have his Lawful Evil servants speak Infernal and his Chaotic Evil servants speak Abyssal. Especially if he can use this information to his advantage in caging favors/more information from some Demon Prince or Archduke.

Psyren
2013-12-15, 08:28 AM
Why throw all your eggs in one basket? Better to have his Lawful Evil servants speak Infernal and his Chaotic Evil servants speak Abyssal. Especially if he can use this information to his advantage in caging favors/more information from some Demon Prince or Archduke.

He has all three evil alignments; No reason for any of them to pigeonhole themselves into one language. I'm saying his followers (at least, those who deal with the lower planes) likely know both.