PDA

View Full Version : <-<, why does Succubus get a bonus to binding?

CyberThread
2013-12-15, 04:26 PM
My little innocent self was curious... why do succubus have a +1 to use rope.. but are +3 if binding?

Lord_Gareth
2013-12-15, 04:26 PM
My little innocent self was curious... why do succubus have a +1 to use rope.. but are +3 if binding?

If you don't know, then you might not want to ask.

I would not suggest Googling it either.

Greenish
2013-12-15, 04:30 PM
Synergy bonus from 5+ ranks in Escape Artist. Why, what did you think it was? :smallamused:

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-15, 06:05 PM
Synergy bonus from 5+ ranks in Escape Artist. Why, what did you think it was? :smallamused:

You KNOW what he thought it was :smallbiggrin:

Devronq
2013-12-15, 06:08 PM
Here let me send this link from bible black it will explain why.... kidding kidding also I don't suggest Googling Bible black ether. ...

Gale
2013-12-15, 06:12 PM
Because sex.
Or more specifically, because they're succubi.
Do you need further clarification?

Snowbluff
2013-12-15, 06:15 PM
Um, because of all of that charisma?

Spuddles
2013-12-15, 06:17 PM
Because sex.
Or more specifically, because they're succubi.
Do you need further clarification?

Go on......

Gale
2013-12-15, 06:19 PM
Well, you see when a Mommy and Daddy love each other very much...

Greenish
2013-12-15, 06:20 PM
I would not suggest Googling it either.Actually, googling "succubus binding" brings up mostly WoW stuff (there's a quest for warlocks to bind a succubus so they can summon it), and a few occult sites where you bind the magical mystical powers of a succubus to your soul with rites involving eating basil-flavoured soup.

Tvtyrant
2013-12-15, 06:20 PM

Because as Outsiders they have a lot of experience being bound by mortals, and some of that experience rubs off on them.

Fates
2013-12-15, 06:21 PM

A cookie to you for making me spill my drink:
(::)

Raven777
2013-12-15, 06:35 PM
They can do things with ropes. Kinky things.

eggynack
2013-12-15, 06:39 PM
Actually, googling "succubus binding" brings up mostly WoW stuff (there's a quest for warlocks to bind a succubus so they can summon it), and a few occult sites where you bind the magical mystical powers of a succubus to your soul with rites involving eating basil-flavoured soup.
Well, there ya go. Succubi get a bonus to binding to symbolically reference how powerful and difficult it is to bind a succubus with magic.

Crasical
2013-12-15, 06:47 PM

Bahahahaha. That's amazing. A toast to you, Greenish.

Kraken
2013-12-15, 06:48 PM
Here let me send this link from bible black it will explain why.... kidding kidding also I don't suggest Googling Bible black ether. ...

Huh. Bible Black (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjO13_BT4_Q) is one of my favorite songs (though it's official music video is stupid, the band apparently had nothing to do with it). Now I know why a few people I know snickered when I first told them about it.

Karnith
2013-12-15, 06:53 PM
I still think that it was funnier back in 3.0 when Succubi had ranks in Ride.

Sith_Happens
2013-12-15, 06:58 PM
I still think that it was funnier back in 3.0 when Succubi had ranks in Ride.

*spits out drink*

(On a related note, I'm wondering why they didn't keep the Wisdom check to notice that you've been Energy Drained. As is now it's completely nebulous and undefined whether you notice.)

AMFV
2013-12-15, 07:08 PM
It's because Vestiges love a good looking lady...

Slipperychicken
2013-12-15, 07:09 PM
Succubi enjoy how rope feels on their skin, so when they get to bed, they tend to tie up rope hammocks to sleep in. Since hammocks break every so often, they usually have some experience re-binding the rope so they can quickly get back to sleep.

Succubi also keep their exploits in rope-bound books, for the traditional aesthetic. Normally, it's important to keep a good diary to record all the times you kiss boys, but succubi kiss a *lot* of boys, so they need to have a lot of rope-bound diaries to record it all.

Also, I'm pretty sure you'd notice something giving you -5 hit points. That's enough to knock most people unconscious.

Snowbluff
2013-12-15, 07:34 PM
It's because Vestiges love a good looking lady...
Yeah, what I was thinking and why I wrote that post. What I said was a reeeeeally roundabout way of saying this. :smalltongue:

AMFV
2013-12-15, 07:35 PM
Yeah, what I was thinking and why I wrote that post. What I said was a reeeeeally roundabout way of saying this. :smalltongue:

Although I think that might imply that if a Succubus is a binder that they can use ropes in the ritual for a higher binder level or something to that effect, that's pretty amusing in and of itself.

rexx1888
2013-12-15, 07:50 PM
Because as Outsiders they have a lot of experience being bound by mortals, and some of that experience rubs off on them.

important part bolded, and you all missed it *giggle*

Scow2
2013-12-15, 07:56 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure you'd notice something giving you -5 hit points. That's enough to knock most people unconscious.Those people die instantly. Those that don't wouldn't notice because it cuts off from the top without affecting CON, instead of giving a difference in Max/Total HP. A level 5 Wizard isn't in constant pain because he has 20 fewer HP than a level 5 Fighter - both are still at Max Health.

Vortenger
2013-12-15, 08:08 PM
Actually, googling "succubus binding" brings up mostly WoW stuff (there's a quest for warlocks to bind a succubus so they can summon it), and a few occult sites where you bind the magical mystical powers of a succubus to your soul with rites involving eating basil-flavoured soup.

So that's why basil-flavoured soup is so satisfying...

AMFV
2013-12-15, 08:19 PM
So that's why basil-flavoured soup is so satisfying...

That way leads damnation, my friend, Split Pea Soup is the way of the devout, beware the seasonings, for they are the devil's work.

Werephilosopher
2013-12-15, 08:26 PM
Succubi also keep their exploits in rope-bound books, for the traditional aesthetic. Normally, it's important to keep a good diary to record all the times you kiss boys, but succubi kiss a *lot* of boys, so they need to have a lot of rope-bound diaries to record it all.

I lol'd. :smalltongue:

But did you remember to turn off SafeSearch?:smallamused:

Kane0
2013-12-15, 09:07 PM
I see someone pressed the insinuation button.

Spuddles
2013-12-15, 09:26 PM

And then??

Alleran
2013-12-15, 09:37 PM
What's more interesting is that a Succubus might have a +3 with bindings, but a Solar has a +7.

Kane0
2013-12-15, 09:49 PM
What's more interesting is that a Succubus might have a +3 with bindings, but a Solar has a +7.

That +4 is just to tease you.

Runestar
2013-12-15, 09:55 PM

Now that you mention it, yeah, the astral deva, planetar and solar have ranks in use rope as well. :smalltongue:

Greenish
2013-12-15, 09:58 PM
Now that you mention it, yeah, the astral deva, planetar and solar have ranks in use rope as well. :smalltongue:Well, not ranks. They have a Dex score.

The Insaniac
2013-12-15, 09:58 PM
Well, you understand, all of those good outsiders need to bind the Succubi.:smallbiggrin:

cakellene
2013-12-15, 10:01 PM
Well, you understand, all of those good outsiders need to bind the Succubi.:smallbiggrin:

Some enjoy it more than others.

Kane0
2013-12-15, 10:04 PM
Wait, so does this mean Angels vs Demons is like the D&D Fantasy equivalent of Pirates vs Ninjas?

Edit: Pirate Demons vs Ninja Angels. Discuss.

Spuddles
2013-12-15, 10:11 PM
Wait, so does this mean Angels vs Demons is like the D&D Fantasy equivalent of Pirates vs Ninjas?

...wtf kind of ninja and pirates are you thinking of?

Kane0
2013-12-15, 10:21 PM
...wtf kind of ninja and pirates are you thinking of?

I think you know.

Raven777
2013-12-15, 10:32 PM
Pirate Haley vs Ninja Haley?

Eldonauran
2013-12-15, 10:46 PM
Pirate Haley vs Ninja Haley?

:elan:

Don't given Élan any ideas.

Angelalex242
2013-12-15, 11:09 PM
Well, ya know, when half celestials are being brought into the world, sometimes, the celestial feels the need to...express dominance over their mortal lover...

And the succubus? Well...ya know. So much easier to drain people when they can't run away. ;)

Alleran
2013-12-15, 11:43 PM
Some enjoy it more than others.
It's important to enjoy what you do, though.

MeiLeTeng
2013-12-15, 11:46 PM

Well, they don't really have to love each other.

ShadowFireLance
2013-12-15, 11:52 PM
This thread is going to go nowhere except down.

Right into those rope bindings. :smalltongue:

Devronq
2013-12-15, 11:54 PM
That way leads damnation, my friend, Split Pea Soup is the way of the devout, beware the seasonings, for they are the devil's work.

Can someone.please explain the soup references?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-16, 12:05 AM
Can someone.please explain the soup references?

Someone mentioned basil soup in passing and a running gag around these parts that's left over from the edition wars is a mockery of people arguing which edition of d&d is "better" by arguing over which flavor of ice cream is better. I suspect this was an attempt to start up an echo of that in "arguing" over which flavor of soup is better.

..... Oh dear. I've killed another one. Stupid fragile jokes.

LordChaos13
2013-12-16, 12:11 AM
Actually it was a reference to Basil Soup being used as part of a WoW quest line involving binding succubi

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-16, 12:14 AM
Well I do utterly lack any experience with WoW so I can see how I'd miss that. :smalltongue:

LordChaos13
2013-12-16, 12:16 AM

I dont see why, it was the post that kicked it all off
It hasnt been that many posts...

EugeneVoid
2013-12-16, 12:54 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk1tte_rihanna-sm-official-music-video-hd_music

CAUTION: CONTAINS GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF RIHANNA.
BE CAREFUL!

Slipperychicken
2013-12-16, 12:58 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk1tte_rihanna-sm-official-music-video-hd_music

Come on Eugene. Don't tell me you're link-spamming too :smallfrown:

EugeneVoid
2013-12-16, 01:00 AM
Wait, others are doing it too?
The link is relevant to the thread :(

Slipperychicken
2013-12-16, 01:03 AM
Wait, others are doing it too?
The link is relevant to the thread :(

I mean, no real people are doing it, just bots. How is that video relevant? I closed the tab after two seconds of ear-destruction.

Lord_Gareth
2013-12-16, 01:06 AM
I mean, no real people are doing it, just bots. How is that video relevant? I closed the tab after two seconds of ear-destruction.

The song's title is "S&M" and the chorus...

Well, it's relevant.

EugeneVoid
2013-12-16, 01:06 AM
Binding?
S&M is... I'll private message it to you.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-16, 01:08 AM
The song's title is "S&M" and the chorus...

Well, it's relevant.

I know what S&M is. I told you, I closed it after two seconds because I felt like it was destroying my ears. As such, I did not have a chance to pay attention to the lyrics.

Also, I initially thought it was spam, so I closed it partly out of habit.

EugeneVoid
2013-12-16, 01:10 AM
Oh.
Sorry, mate.
Next time, I'll add a warning.
Heck, I'll add it now.

The Viscount
2013-12-16, 01:13 AM

Daring Outlaw Swashbuckler/Rogue/Dread Pirate makes for a very thematic and pretty tough pirate.

As for ninja, I suppose the devas might PrC into Dread Commando and then into Ninja Spy.

That would make for a pretty interesting fight. I give edge to Pirate.

Greenish
2013-12-16, 02:24 AM
Actually it was a reference to Basil Soup being used as part of a WoW quest line involving binding succubiThe soup and WoW weren't related. The WoW questline doesn't involve soup, and the soup one most probably doesn't involve an actual succubus showing up IRL.

AMFV
2013-12-16, 02:35 AM
The soup and WoW weren't related. The WoW questline doesn't involve soup, and the soup one most probably doesn't involve an actual succubus showing up IRL.

You've clearly been eating the wrong soups.

CyberThread
2013-12-16, 03:44 PM
No Soup For You!

Vortenger
2013-12-16, 04:28 PM
I knew it! The Soup Nazi's are hoarding all the basil-flavoured soups! They wish to hoard the demons' lusty powers for themselves!

Isamu Dyson
2013-12-16, 04:30 PM
Why is there no Celestial counterpart to the Succubus?

Lord_Gareth
2013-12-16, 04:43 PM
Why is there no Celestial counterpart to the Succubus?

Because giving people stuff in exchange for moral behavior is Evil's schtick. Good doesn't tempt you, it rewards you; Good's paradigm is about being spiritually uplifted, experiencing joy and peace as part of your life, and being able to enjoy physical pleasures without being lost in them. While there are Good celestials that are sexual, and powerfully so (see Eladrins sometime) there are none who try to lead people into Good through carnal pleasure because that's just not how Good works.

It'd be like an angel who wanders around paying charitable people money. It's...weird. And tacky.

Isamu Dyson
2013-12-16, 04:48 PM
Actually, a carnally focused Good-aligned Outsider sounds perfect for the clergy of Sharess (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Sharess).

Lord_Gareth
2013-12-16, 04:52 PM
Actually, a carnally focused Good-aligned Outsider sounds perfect for the clergy of Sharess (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Sharess).

The Foe of Set's sexual portfolio is primarily Chaotic in nature (note the emphasis on hedonism, free love, and the wild, fierce joy of life). The Tawny Temptress is Chaotic; the Foe of Set is Good. She's not dissimilar to Eladrins in that way.