PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Evil Game IC

Elysian Blade
2013-12-15, 04:57 PM
Your in the Demon Lord Arkanos Palace its the ideal demonic palace pillars of fire scorched bodies rotten flesh some dried blood but most is not. Demons patrol this massive palace no pushovers too. But you find yourself in Arkanos's study that is big enough to fit 10 trolls (50ft) comforting you find you self amongst well yourselves and one imp the writing information.

The reason why you fine yourselves where from a slip of paper delivered to you from demons the message was...

You made yourselves known to me so ill shall summon you take this gold and stock up on what you need I will make use of you soon.

So you were forced here and now you await to find out why you have been summoned for.

Vizzi
2013-12-15, 06:42 PM
Rhytk stands at ease, well as much as one can be at ease in such a place, but still one cant have everything going perfectly he thinks to himself, his eyes moving across his companions and the room, searching for anything interesting, his ears twitching slightly for the smallest of sounds, he turns slightly towards everyone and speaks, to the bold go the spoils and all that.

"Greetings, i am Rhytk." his black eyes gleaming slightly with a predatory light as they briefly focused on them.

In case they are needed.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Illven
2013-12-15, 06:58 PM
Illven stands with confidence in the Palace halls. Well not confidence at the demon king, or the rest of the demons.

But the other humanoids. He doesn't have a care in the world for them.

(Prepare spells now, or after we find out our mission)

Dreadlord
2013-12-15, 07:06 PM
Alth stalks through any and all shadows that are available watching each and every other person in the room for any possible weaknesses.

If needed.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

asthesunfails
2013-12-15, 07:34 PM
Asha watched her fellow... comrades she supposed. Why they were here, it didn't matter to her.

She simply stood by, off to the side and out of the way, watching and waiting for the demon lord that had hired her.

lelfin
2013-12-15, 09:47 PM
Darian looked at the palace with interest, mentally cataloging various items he sees. As the apparent human speaks, Darian glances at the others, noting their response, or rather lack thereof.

"Well, I'll be polite, at least. My name is Darian. I suppose we will be working for our Lord patron together," he says in a soft and pleasant tone, leaning on his staff.

GameSpawn
2013-12-16, 02:03 PM
Amadae looks around the room, admiring the decor and glancing at the demons to see if he recognizes any. He gives a half-smile when Rhytk speaks and replies leisurely, "I'm Amadae. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I have complete confidence that you were all well chosen, for whatever our purpose will be."

Knowledge (the planes) (trained): [roll0]

lelfin
2013-12-16, 04:51 PM
"Oh, just an anatomist and spiritualist. Adequate, maybe, if you want to learn about people's bodies and souls, not sure what else I could offer," Darian says deprecatingly.

GameSpawn
2013-12-16, 05:18 PM
Amadae laughs, "What is there in life but souls and bodies? And knowledge is the foremost of tools. I daresay you would be of great assistance. I myself collect knowledge, and stories most especially."

lelfin
2013-12-16, 06:23 PM
Darian's interest seems raised, "Indeed? Know any stories of our Lord patron? Or perhaps more knowledge associated with this realm of the underworld? Demons and devils would not be my specialty, so information from one more versed would be of most use."

Elysian Blade
2013-12-16, 06:54 PM
As you wait you hear a bone chilling scream outside clearly someone in pain.
You can look out the window if a certain someone remember about a palidan/cleric/wizard killing there master and stopping them a couple of times theres the cleric bleeding outside.:smallbiggrin:

Illven
2013-12-16, 07:02 PM
Illven looks outside the nearest window

Anyone he recognize?

lelfin
2013-12-16, 08:05 PM
Darian glances out the window, and suppresses a smile, though doesn't manage to suppress a quiet, "Interesting...very interesting..." The necropolitian leans on his staff, watching the scene outside.

I wonder if this is a present? Definitely a warning...I wish I knew more of this Arkanos...

know: the planes about Arkanos [roll0]

Also, using ring of X-Ray vision to glance through nearby walls, while trying to be unobtrusive about it.

Dreadlord
2013-12-16, 08:47 PM
Alth wanders slowly over to the window looking out to see what is occuring

Elysian Blade
2013-12-16, 10:17 PM
You cant think of anything about arkanos. As you try to look through the wall you see a wall of white suggesting its made of bone.

Illven
2013-12-16, 10:24 PM
I'll make the same knowledge check about Arkanos, his palace, and the layer of the abyss we're on.

Knowledge the planes [roll0]

GameSpawn
2013-12-17, 01:21 PM
Amadae shrugs in response to Darian's question as the scream cuts him off. Amadae takes a moment to revel in the noise, closing his eyes partway and smiling more broadly. He moves to the window for a better view of the show.

asthesunfails
2013-12-17, 02:23 PM
Asha approaches a window to get a better look at what, or who is screaming.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-17, 06:47 PM
As your are looking out the window you feel a very strong power entering the room only to be cut off as the door closes behind a very formidable looking demon. Arkanos is a tall demon with red scales so dark red there are almost black his wings are folded up behind him and there darker then even his scales. He has a diamond in his skull that is ruby red. His eyes glow with hatred until he see's you clearly he is upset over something. Also next to his side is a pit fiend bleeding badly from a long gash across his chest that releases a very dark and ancient power.

Arkanos looks at you and realizes why your by the window and says in a deep voice that fills every inch of the room. "Ahhh... do you like the little treat outside? "He smiles sending some chills down your spines. He continues "But that's not the reason why you are here if you come over here I have some instructions for you I cant stay for long so we have to be fast.

Dreadlord
2013-12-17, 08:21 PM
Alth instinctively steps into the shadows the second he enters circling around to the back of the pit fiend with him watching him carefuly.

lelfin
2013-12-17, 08:44 PM
Darian gives a deep bow to the demon lord, "Indeed, I am most please with your treat, a sight I will cherish for some time, my Lord. But I waste my ord's time, what shall you have of us?" He moves to where the demon lord gestures.

diplomacy [roll0]

Illven
2013-12-17, 09:29 PM
Illven bows.

What will you have us do first, my lord? He replies with a dark grin.

asthesunfails
2013-12-18, 02:12 AM
Asha gives a respectful nod to the demon before heeding his words, if only slightly by stopping a good enough distance away that she can see any movements he makes and react appropriately.

Vizzi
2013-12-18, 10:45 AM
Rhytk gives a small bow of respect but stays silent, after all talking wastes time, and time is always fleeing away.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-18, 11:17 AM
Arkanos smiled and said "There is a catsle about a hundred miles east of here own by an Arkitek he has a black stone in his vaults that contains some value to me retrieve it then I give you more instructions." He snaps his fingers and ten robed demons enter the room and begin to chant. You start to realize that the wall mirroring the window dissolves opening up a some what dark corridor. "This is a portal you have one hour before I will close it. This is the farthest we can make the portal in his keep but its enough to get you in there.

GameSpawn
2013-12-18, 02:22 PM
Amadae smiles, and walks gracefully into the portal, reasoning that, if the demon wanted to hurt them, he could just do it.

asthesunfails
2013-12-18, 05:57 PM
Hand clutching the hilt of one of her short swords, Asha eyes Arkanos carefully before walking through the dark portal cautiously, alert for any possible danger.

lelfin
2013-12-18, 10:55 PM
Darian reaches a hand out and says, "Hold a moment, companion. May I suggest we prepare before we leave? I have some spells that you might appreciate before we go." He glances around the room, then says, "And we had best make ready for the encounters ahead. Incidentally, what are your abilities and strengths? Who should take lead? Do we know anything about this Arkitek? All are worth while information before we plunge into the unknown."

He glances to the demon lord and then the imp in the room and says, "Please my lord, or my lord's assistant, would either of you have any insight to offer in regards to our quarry, his assets, or abilities?"

Diplomacy [roll0]

Assuming everyone waits, Darian retrieves his Nightstick and uses the 4 turn attempts + 2 of his own to persist Mass Lesser Vigor (all players have fast healing 1 for 24 hours),Recitation (all players gain +2 to AC, attack and saving throws, +3 if they worship the Ideal of Power through Undeath), and Bless (+1 morale for attack bonus and against fear) 18 uses of rebuke, 3 rebuke attempts left

Net: All players- +3 to attack, 1 damage, +2 to saves (3 to fear), +1 to skills checks, +2 to AC, Fast Healing 1
Darian gains +4 to attack, +3 saves (4 to fear) and +3 to AC due to worshipping his ideal

Dreadlord
2013-12-19, 12:03 AM
Alth steps next to Darian watching him carefully as he speaks. "The caster is correct only the foolish assassin steps into the marks house not knowing everything about them. And the foolish assassin always dies young."

GameSpawn
2013-12-19, 01:19 AM
Amadae turns to Darian, "If you must you must. My strength is in making people see the world they way they should." When Alth speaks, Amadae shrugs, "I am not an assassin. We are being sent to steal not kill, though perhaps the same principle could be applied."

asthesunfails
2013-12-19, 01:55 AM
Asha pauses at the other's words. She had been a bit to eager to do this. A mistake on her part. Not that she would let the others know. She imperiously spun back to them, stating curtly, "I kill things. Demon, human, wizard or warrior. Preferably from behind."

Elysian Blade
2013-12-19, 11:49 AM
Arkanos glances impatiently at you and motions at the little imp and it pales and walks into the portal before you glumly. Arkanos just says "He will inform you along the way." Arkanos opens the door he can from a you immediatly feel and overwelming presence and it end's after the door closes.

GameSpawn
2013-12-19, 04:14 PM
Amadae smiles slightly, waiting for the rest of his compatriots before turning to the portal again.

Vizzi
2013-12-19, 05:30 PM
Rhytk grins slightly and begins moving towards the Portal, carefully and watchfully.

Warrior Poet
2013-12-19, 10:23 PM
To the untrained eye it may have appeared that Da-haka hadn't arrived on time, but a few may realize otherwise. The assassin lived in the shadows and was one with them if he wished it, as was his intent now.

The group he would be working with was unknown to him, assessing their personalities first seemed prudent. He was a bit surprised to find that they seemed reasonable, often times those he worked with allowed ego to supersede the mission which caused everything to fall apart.

He hoped this would turn out differently.

As the Imp opened the portal others seemed to hesitate, except one human, which was shocking as humans tended to be cowardly pigs.

The Yuan-Ti smirked to himself and decided to not let him appear to be the bravest in the room, he strode forward from his secreted location within the shadows and confidently strode toward the portal.

Hide check if needed: 1d20+23

EDIT: So what I am doing wrong with this roll? :smallannoyed:

lelfin
2013-12-20, 10:05 PM
Darian looks at the others who have been silent and says sardonically, "Okay, hold your peace, just know that if you wish assistance, the assistance you get will be blind guessing on my part rather than spells of assistance you may desperately need." With that Darian gestures towards the portal and says, "Would those of you gifted in stealth wish to lead the way?"

He will give a moment for them to do so, or not, and go through himself.

Illven
2013-12-20, 10:21 PM
I'm a wizard. I provide my own assistance. Illven replies with a smirk.

asthesunfails
2013-12-20, 11:48 PM
"Very Well" Asha states before moving through the portal.

Dreadlord
2013-12-21, 12:42 AM
Alth steps through instantly going into any shadow available.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-21, 01:43 PM
As you enter the portal it gets dimmer because the only light comes out of the portal behind you. The little Imp cast a fire spell to brighten the area around him. This would be a good time for a spot check put rolls in OOC.

The imp continues forward pulling out a map walking forward without a care in the world.

Dreadlord
2013-12-21, 07:26 PM
Alth steps off to the side watching his group silently

GameSpawn
2013-12-21, 09:56 PM
Amadae steps lightly, walking behind the imp.

asthesunfails
2013-12-21, 10:28 PM
"Hold a bit" Asha says to the imp and those following him. "There might be traps about."

Asha then points out everything she spots.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-22, 05:18 PM
The imp stops suddenly his face paled if thats even possible to and imp. He trys to see what you pointed out and tries to walk around the stones thinking pressure plates...

Do you want to stop him and discuss it or not? :smallconfused:

asthesunfails
2013-12-22, 07:35 PM
Imp. Stop. Literally stop, come back to the group. Asha says, annoyed at the imp's idiocy. There are traps. Now lets talk about how we're going to get past. Unless you want to test out the traps for us.

Dreadlord
2013-12-22, 09:34 PM
Alth kneels nearby the area searching for the exact nature and trigger of the trap.

Search: [roll0]

Illven
2013-12-23, 05:36 PM
Illven casts Summon monster 1 to summon a Fiendish dire rat. He says in infernal.

Go forward till I tell you to stop.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-23, 05:42 PM
The rat respons as soon as it steps on what looks like pressure plates they sink in but nothing happens when he move to the floor it goes back up then the floor sinks in launching thousands of needles in seconds killing the rat and ripping through him until nothing remains.

lelfin
2013-12-23, 11:15 PM
Darian chuckles a moment then looks at the imp and says, in Infernal, "Don't be so eager to volunteer, maybe? Unless you really do feel sorry for rats, I suppose." With that Darian steps forward to the edge of the pressure plate then presses down on it with the tip of his staff. Once it is sunk he will step back saying aloud, in common this time, "Just verifying that the plates are indeed a safe decoy, and not a timing mechanism."

He will watch his handy work, then glance at the others, "Better safe than sorry. Very well then, shall we do a dance of pressure plates? Those with the keen eye sight and knack for these traps had best preceed those of us of a more inept nature." He turns to Asha and says, "Thank you, madam, for the warning. It is most appreciated."

Dreadlord
2013-12-23, 11:20 PM
Alth moves forward sneakily moving carefully to step on only the raised platforms towards the body already there.

If needed:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Balance?: [roll2]

asthesunfails
2013-12-24, 12:13 AM
Asha gives a nod of acknowledgement to Darian before following Alth across the raised stones.

Move Silently [roll0]
Balance [roll1]

Vizzi
2013-12-24, 08:39 AM
Rhytk follows as a wolf follows a skittish deer, carefully and silently. Except of course that he usually tried to imitate more brutish and not so silent animals, so how successful he was is an interesting question.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-24, 07:41 PM
The imp follow shivering at the close call.

GameSpawn
2013-12-24, 08:09 PM
Amadae follows the imp along the raised stones, smiling silently.

Dreadlord
2013-12-25, 07:17 AM
If Alth can get close to the body he does a quick search for anything of interest or value.

Elysian Blade
2013-12-26, 01:16 PM
If Alth can get close to the body he does a quick search for anything of interest or value.

You see a piece of paper with what looks to be the stone your looking for.

Dreadlord
2013-12-26, 06:12 PM
Alth slides on gloves picking both up looking at the paper.

GameSpawn
2014-01-05, 01:14 PM
Amadae moves to the nearest of his unconscious companions to see if he can rouse them. He tries shaking and slapping whoever's nearest.

lelfin
2014-01-06, 08:15 AM
Darian looks around at his companions, his expression unreadable. He says aloud, "This is...unfortunate."

He tries to discern the effect.

Casting Detect Magic.

Spellcraft check for round 3 of the spell: [roll0]

Elysian Blade
2014-01-06, 07:53 PM
Darian looks around at his companions, his expression unreadable. He says aloud, "This is...unfortunate."

He tries to discern the effect.

Casting Detect Magic.

Spellcraft check for round 3 of the spell: [roll0]

You cant make it but you notice there is another seal on it more anchient then the last more powerful too.

lelfin
2014-01-06, 08:15 PM
"Well...this has plenty of ancient magic to be the stone. Shall we take it...and I guess our companions as well, back?"

Elysian Blade
2014-01-06, 08:47 PM
You who are still awake notice the imp gone but if you listen closly you might here something...

hinting dc 25

lelfin
2014-01-07, 10:55 AM
listen: [roll0]

GameSpawn
2014-01-07, 12:36 PM
Amadae listens closely.

Listen: [roll0]

Elysian Blade
2014-01-07, 06:17 PM
listen: [roll0]

You hear the little imp saying there this way this way with a large group of demons making noise down a few halls coming to your position.

lelfin
2014-01-08, 08:31 AM
"Hellrime...the imp is leading demons here...I do believe we are betrayed," says Darian to his conscious companion. "Let's wrap things up here." He then casts dispel magic as a targeted dispel on the unconscious effect.

dispel check [roll0]

GameSpawn
2014-01-08, 05:04 PM
Amadae raises his eyebrows, "That IS unfortunate. I suppose we'll have to deal with them, if that is indeed their plan. Which direction are they coming from?" He looks for a place where he can place an illusion such that the demons will see it before they see them, but where he can still look after it.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-08, 05:33 PM
"Hellrime...the imp is leading demons here...I do believe we are betrayed," says Darian to his conscious companion. "Let's wrap things up here." He then casts dispel magic as a targeted dispel on the unconscious effect.

dispel check [roll0]

The spell it to powerful making you get hurt. [roll0]
but you feel a little of the magic subside in them.

Amadae raises his eyebrows, "That IS unfortunate. I suppose we'll have to deal with them, if that is indeed their plan. Which direction are they coming from?" He looks for a place where he can place an illusion such that the demons will see it before they see them, but where he can still look after it.

There coming to your left in front of you leaads back to the portal.

lelfin
2014-01-09, 07:16 PM
Darian tosses his portable hole on the floor and says, "If you wouldn't mind, my compatriot, loading up our unconscious companions in my morg...er, hole, we can get them out of here. Just let me delay the oncoming hordes..."

Darian steps forward and casts Stone Shape, closing off the hallway the demons are travelling down.

ooc: assume the halls are stone, correct?

Elysian Blade
2014-01-09, 07:18 PM
Darian tosses his portable hole on the floor and says, "If you wouldn't mind, my compatriot, loading up our unconscious companions in my morg...er, hole, we can get them out of here. Just let me delay the oncoming hordes..."

Darian steps forward and casts Stone Shape, closing off the hallway the demons are travelling down.

ooc: assume the halls are stone, correct?

your assumption is correct as soon as you cast you see a big ball of fire coming at you to be stop by the wall you just created.

GameSpawn
2014-01-11, 05:51 AM
Amadae glances wistfully at the place where the fireball impacted. "Well, I suppose that answers the question of intent. Not to be too sour, but you do know we need to breathe, yes? I can't imagine there's much air in that hole of yours. How long does your escape plan take?" Amadae looks around for other ways out. He moves toward the nearest of his companions and hefts them up, but waits for Darian's response before doing anything with the body.

Spot: [roll]1d20+7

lelfin
2014-01-11, 08:41 AM
Darian glances at the hole and says, "Right, forget that sometimes...ah, the current plan is to remove ourselves from the immediate are where a horde of demons is even now breaking through a stone wall. If you think them not asphyxiating is worth that, then I suppose we could drag them past the trap...to bad I don't have a feather token, I usually carry a spare or two."

GameSpawn
2014-01-11, 03:51 PM
"It shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as we can keep opening the bag to let fresh air in. With 5 people, we should probably open it about once a minute, to be on the safe side." Amadae then begins moving their unconscious allies into the hole.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-11, 03:54 PM
In no time at all you have your allies through the portal the wall collapses and demons start filling the corridor.

lelfin
2014-01-11, 04:11 PM
Darian assists in loading his companion. Upon entering the portal he tosses the hole on the floor and opens it up to allow air in. He then turns and summons a Spectre and sends it back through the portal to attack the demons with the instructions, "Slow them. Get one of them to set off the floor trap first priority, if not, prioritize the Imp." The Spectre will go through the portal and stop before the floor trap.

45hp
Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 deflection), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/—
Attack: Incorporeal touch +8 melee (1d8+2 plus energy drain)
Full Attack: Incorporeal touch +8 melee (1d8+2 plus energy drain)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 80 ft. (perfect)

Elysian Blade
2014-01-11, 04:30 PM
Another fireball flys at the Spectre. And thats all you see before the portal closes you see robed demons in the room that are holding crystals the walked to each of the down companions and you see the crystals darken and your companions awaken as in a daze.

GameSpawn
2014-01-11, 04:50 PM
As the demons move into the corridor, Amadae examines them briefly from the portal, then begins singing softly. As he does, he reaches out to their minds, touching them with his magic. Then, Amadae turns away, moving deeper into the portal.

Casting confusion. With a 15-radius burst, I can probably hit all of them, but if not I prioritize the closest ones. Save DC is 25, and it lasts 10 rounds.

Knowledge (the planes) to identify any demons: [roll0] (using collector of stories). Let me know if I need more checks.

EDIT: Well, it looks like it won't matter, but I realized it should be +13 instead of +12.

Dreadlord
2014-01-11, 11:18 PM
Alth rolls to his feet stepping straight into the shadows hiding.

GameSpawn
2014-01-12, 05:43 AM
Amadae smiles slightly, "Good morning everybody. We got the stone, and then the imp came with a large group of demons to attack us, so we picked up your bodies and left." Amadae smiles, thinking to himself that the imp could have planned things better, but was, perhaps, reaping his reward from the other demons. Amadae couldn't imagine the other demons were very pleased with the imp, and his smile grew bigger at the thought.

asthesunfails
2014-01-12, 01:27 PM
Asha pushes herself to her feet, a slight daze in her mind following the magical sleep. "Thank you" She says curtly. Harsh she may be, and unscrupulous her companions, but they had still saved her, whether they did so for their benefit or her's did not matter.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-14, 01:17 PM
The demons stand there waiting as one lifts his gnarled hand palm out waiting for you to give him something.

lelfin
2014-01-15, 11:19 PM
Looking at the demon, Darian says, "You're the one to give it to his Lordship?" He waits for some indication, then if he has something satisfactory, will offer it to the demon and says, "I would warn you, the quest for that resulted in the death of a balor and the betrayal of an imp."

Elysian Blade
2014-01-16, 11:09 AM
Looking at the demon, Darian says, "You're the one to give it to his Lordship?" He waits for some indication, then if he has something satisfactory, will offer it to the demon and says, "I would warn you, the quest for that resulted in the death of a balor and the betrayal of an imp."

The demon in the cloak didn't even bat and eye as he takes the stone. He motions for you to follow into the room Arkanos went in a bit earlier in the day.

GameSpawn
2014-01-16, 02:05 PM
Amadae follows the demon into the room.

Sense Motive: [roll0] to see if I can tell whether he's surprised about the imp.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-16, 06:29 PM
Amadae follows the demon into the room.

Sense Motive: [roll0] to see if I can tell whether he's surprised about the imp.

The demon doesn't seem to care at all about the imp.

As you enter the room you feel and immense power coming from somewhere. You barely have time to take in anything in the room over the crushing waves of power that is contained in the room.

20ft by 100ft its actually a cave leading into the a giant wall engraved with ancient runes and symbols all in it you see Arkanos about 15ft into the room and is looking at the far end of the room where the ancient wall is located at.

lelfin
2014-01-16, 10:43 PM
Darian blinks, attempts to talk, thinks better of it,then closes his mouth. He simply bows to Arkanos, then glances at the wall.

myth weavers won't work at the moment...was trying to do knowledge rolls...

asthesunfails
2014-01-16, 11:03 PM
Asha follows behind the group, grabbing her head at the mysterious power in the room before shaking herself out of it.

Dreadlord
2014-01-16, 11:21 PM
Alth slides into the shadow thrown by Arkanos silently studying him

lelfin
2014-01-16, 11:21 PM
yay, myth weavers working again:
k: arcana [roll0]
K: religion [roll1]
K: the planes [roll2]
all about the wall

GameSpawn
2014-01-17, 02:02 PM
Amadae stares at the runes, trying to make them out.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]
Knowledge (The Plains): [roll1]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll2]
Knowledge (History): [roll3]
(all are trained)

Illven
2014-01-17, 03:18 PM
What happened. Illven asked his comrades.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-17, 04:12 PM
You only figure out that the power in the room is very old and very strong.

Arkanos says something to the demon with the stone and he shows Arkanos the stone. You see a diabolic smile creap up on his faces and a snap of his fingers you see more shrouded demons entered the room and gather into a circle and start to chant.

GameSpawn
2014-01-17, 05:13 PM
Amadae watches, trying to understand what the demons are doing.

More knowledge checks!
Knowledge (the plains): [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll2]

Also, Ilven: in post 79 Amadae told everyone what had happened after you all woke up.

lelfin
2014-01-17, 11:18 PM
Darian takes a step back away from the circle, seeming leaning on his staff, but in reality readying himself for whatever might come.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-18, 12:58 AM
As the canting grows the wall seems to shift as a mass of shadows collect together forming a massive humanoid body reaching 80ft into the air.

Arkanos face turns sour you hear him say not this time guardian then a portal opens next to him you see a hundred balor charge through at the massive shadow. The balor seem to die left and right by his massive hands but he suddenly stops and falls to the ground inches away from Arkanos. One balor was left with a familiar gash running down his chest.

You see a dark energy coming from the circle of demons in the middle you see the stone you collected. At the end of the hall you see a 10 by 10 door thats craved into the wall with runes. Arkanos motions you to him.

lelfin
2014-01-18, 01:17 PM
Darian watches, attempting to maintain a facade of mild interest, though is truly paying attention to every detail. When montioned forward he hesitates, but then realized certain death was more ominous the possible harm. He steps forward and bows, "My lord?"

asthesunfails
2014-01-18, 02:14 PM
Asha watches, understanding that something momentous has happened, but just what, she can't understand.

She cautiously steps forward then, when Arkanos motions.

Vizzi
2014-01-19, 12:30 PM
Rhytk approaches cautiously, still pissed of at how easily he had been handled.. Still watching the events unfold was exciting.

GameSpawn
2014-01-19, 04:34 PM
Amadae watches the spectacle with interest. When Arkanos motions, Amadae comes to him without hesitation, bowing his head to the demon lord.

Knowledge (the planes) to identify the guardian (using Collector of Stories): [roll0]
Spellcraft (to identify whatever magic Arkanos is using) [roll1]

...You can never make enough skill checks.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-20, 01:22 AM
Arkanos smiles and says I guess your wondering what this is. Its plainly a nightwalker He pauses to let it soak in.

This wall is the gateway way to Solrixan the power to rule them all it changed a weak nightwalker to this size and strength imagine what it can do at the source. He smiles giving you a look.

Your goal is to get to this source and clear it out of foes to let me go in safely...oh and if you see a half-demon girl about 10 bring her to me she...she is my daughter. Her mother my concubine took her in there taking my elite guard to get her in but she didnt know of the guard it killed them all but she managed to crawl in so this is just in case of course but if she is still alive kill her. He said with no remorse.

Any questions?

Now is the time to ask.

GameSpawn
2014-01-21, 02:52 PM
Amadae asks, "What is Solrixan?"

Elysian Blade
2014-01-21, 07:09 PM
An ancient magic that was used to seperate all of the planes and made the first gods and with it no one can stand in my way of world domination! He laughs that sends chills down your spine.

lelfin
2014-01-21, 08:13 PM
Darian ponders, making some note of magic that separates planes and creates gods.

He looks somewhat bemused as he said, "What is the nature of her mother? Is it possible she too has taken advantage of this power? If so, what would we need to know to overcome her?"

Elysian Blade
2014-01-21, 09:27 PM
Darian ponders, making some note of magic that separates planes and creates gods.

He looks somewhat bemused as he said, "What is the nature of her mother? Is it possible she too has taken advantage of this power? If so, what would we need to know to overcome her?"

She might be dead but if not she is just a mere mortal so she whould not be of any power. Arkanos states as if its of little importance.

lelfin
2014-01-21, 10:50 PM
Darian quirks an eyebrow as he glances around his "mere mortal" companions, but says nothing. The last time he pressed for information, they got that foul imp as a partner.

"Beyond being a half-fiend, is your daughter likely to be dangerous? Will she respond to our insistence that she join you?"

Elysian Blade
2014-01-22, 01:23 PM
Darian quirks an eyebrow as he glances around his "mere mortal" companions, but says nothing. The last time he pressed for information, they got that foul imp as a partner.

"Beyond being a half-fiend, is your daughter likely to be dangerous? Will she respond to our insistence that she join you?"

If she has been in there for ten years she can be very dangerous. She is still young so she should not resist to much.He says.

GameSpawn
2014-01-22, 01:25 PM
Amadae listens with a lazy expression on his face.

Sense Motive to see if the demon's being honest. Modifier is +16; I'm not sure if you want to roll it yourself.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-22, 01:43 PM
Go for it. But he is a demon his secret motive is just to use her for his benefit to find how the magic works.

GameSpawn
2014-01-22, 05:17 PM
So is that the result of the check? If not, [roll0]

Elysian Blade
2014-01-22, 06:38 PM
I just gave it to you out of the kindness of my heart because going forward they will be no more. :smallbiggrin: :smallcool:

Dreadlord
2014-01-22, 07:07 PM
Alth frowns briefly. "As you stated these creatures are likely stronger at the source and you lost that many powerful demons fighting that one. How can you expect us to survive to gather these items?"

Elysian Blade
2014-01-22, 07:09 PM
Alth frowns briefly. "As you stated these creatures are likely stronger at the source and you lost that many powerful demons fighting that one. How can you expect us to survive to gather these items?"

You passed the first test. And I believe you have no choice in the matter if you don't do it I will have to kill you for knowing to much of my plans Arkanos states with ease of giving the command multiple different times before.

lelfin
2014-01-22, 10:48 PM
Darian smiles wryly and says, "I do not believe, my lord, he was questioning the orders so much as querying as to what talents you see in us that might surpass your other servants who, though assuredly mighty, are now quite dead by your report. We would be remiss not to target our strengths if we are to serve you thus."

Laying it on thick :smalltongue:
Diplomacy [roll0]

asthesunfails
2014-01-23, 01:43 AM
The demon's goal grated on Asha's ears."Are there any specific details for us? All we know now is that a few strong demons, empowered by this world-conquering power even, are in our way.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-23, 11:19 AM
We dont know anything besides this guardian so we dont have to much knowledge on the subject. If you want I will send somebody to go with you. He snaps his fingers and the balor with the gash across his chest limped over.

Go with them and help them clear out the way. Arkanos says not caring about the balor at all.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-28, 12:41 PM
Without anymore words Arkanos goes back into his study as you walk towards the gates of Solrixan as you approached they opened up flooding energy poured out As you entered the gates they closed behind you.

All spells are restored all health is restored and you feel fully awake.

lelfin
2014-01-28, 10:46 PM
Darian immediately surveys his surroundings, placing himself significantly behind their "companion" given the occurence with Arkanos' last assistant.

GameSpawn
2014-01-29, 03:27 AM
Amadae looks about Solrixan, taking in the scenery with a half-smile.

asthesunfails
2014-01-29, 05:18 PM
Asha drifts to the side, taking up the group's flank.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-30, 12:45 PM
In the ancient cavern of Solrixan you see energy floating around the room in what you think are powerful but are very normal in this place. The is just a straight tunnel going for about forty feet before breaking into three separate paths.

Vizzi
2014-01-30, 08:43 PM
Rhytk stays at the back as his careful eyes look all around them, and his ears listen to the smallest of noises.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Elysian Blade
2014-01-30, 10:02 PM
You hear crackling energy that makes your head spin your ears grow a little more and your eyes turn more of that of a hawk in a matter of seconds. Boost your spot and listen by +5 each.

Dreadlord
2014-01-31, 01:47 AM
Alth stays to the back of the group moving in any shadows available and staying as quite as possible.

Elysian Blade
2014-01-31, 11:29 AM
Alth stays to the back of the group moving in any shadows available and staying as quite as possible.

Dark energy wraps around you making you step lightly and bend light around you. +5 to hide and move silently.

lelfin
2014-01-31, 08:43 PM
Finding himself restored, as well as his rebuke attempts, Darian promptly draws out his nighstick and casts some spells on himself.

Persisted Divine power (+10 hp, Full BAB...already have +6 enhance to strength)
as well as Aid onhimself ( + [roll0] hp)
uses 4 rebukes from night stick, +8 of own

Darian gains 10 BAB, +4 to attack, +3 saves (4 to fear) and +3 to AC due to worshipping his ideal and +27 hp

Elysian Blade
2014-02-04, 07:20 PM
Moving on then...

Rhytk stronger ears picks up on the sound of small footsteps off a few corridors down.