PDA

View Full Version : Basic Roleplaying System: Building the Terminator (T-800)

Vamphyr
2013-12-15, 05:31 PM
Now, I only have the Call of Cthulhu 6e books, so if there is an official Terminator (T-800, T-1000, etc.) in a BRP core book, let me know!

As of right now, I'm considering running a Terminator game in the future, but before I can do that I need stats for the Terminator. I have some drafted up, but I want people to take a look and see if it's underpowered/overpowered or doesn't properly represent what we see in the movies.

(I don't have a full stat write up as of now, just the stats I feel would need to be referenced most in game)

T-800

Str: 25
Siz: 17

HP: 150

Damage Reduction: 5
Damage Bonus: 2d6

Skills
Firearms: 75%
Melee Weapons: 50%
Grapple: 50%

Climb: 60%
Disguise (Voice): 100%
Drive Auto: 60%
Mechanical Repair: 70%
Use Computer: 100%
Spot Hidden: 90%
Track: 75%

I gave the T-800 very high hp. They can survive multiple explosions, grenades straight to the chest (3 in a row in Terminator Salvation), molten metal, hundreds of rounds of gun fire, and massive physical trauma.

In most cases the Terminator is capable of shrugging off all but the largest caliber firearms, so the DR/5 will protect it from most small arms fire.

Any thoughts?

Alejandro
2013-12-27, 03:23 PM
Not familiar with the game system, so can't give specific advice, but don't forget that a T-800 has at least one backup power reserve, as we see in T2. Probably some sort of way to recover after being badly damaged.

Vamphyr
2013-12-27, 03:34 PM
Not familiar with the game system, so can't give specific advice, but don't forget that a T-800 has at least one backup power reserve, as we see in T2. Probably some sort of way to recover after being badly damaged.

Interesting. Okay, so what about if he is dropped to 0 HP the system automatically connects to the backup power system bringing him back to 25 or 50 HP? That way he can still fight, just not at full health.