PDA

View Full Version : View Posts by *

GhengisConrad
2013-12-15, 09:03 PM
When I wanted to see my posts I got this:

GhengisConrad, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. Check your email and your junk and/or spam folders for the activation email or you may request a new activation email.

Hamste
2013-12-15, 09:05 PM
The search function has been temporarily but indefinitely disabled.

TaiLiu
2013-12-15, 09:05 PM
That part of the forum experience functions not. A sad result of the disabled search, I'm afraid.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-15, 09:06 PM
...por que?

Hamste
2013-12-15, 09:08 PM
To fix it they need to do some technical thing that results in the forum shutting down for quite some time to do so they don't want to fix it until a solution is made that can fix it quickly without the need for a long shut down period.

bluewind95
2013-12-15, 09:14 PM
To be able to search posts (by author or keyword), the forum needs a search index table. This forum's search index table died a tragic death. Casting resurrection on it would take too long and the forum would have to be disabled as well while it is done. This could take weeks.

eggynack
2013-12-15, 09:40 PM
Just google site:giantitp.com and the username in question. It's not perfect, but it should get you where you want to go.

137beth
2013-12-15, 10:46 PM
Also search site:giantitp.com/forums find all posts by this user
or site:giantitp.com/forums search function?

Or just look like 5 threads down.

Roland St. Jude
2013-12-15, 11:00 PM
Sheriff:The search function (and all other functions that rely on it like "find all posts by") are temporarily but indefinitely disabled.

The forum is divided into topical areas, which may aid your search. Scanning the titles of threads, particularly the first few pages, can reveal whether something relevant has been posted recently. Google may also be of assistance, as noted above.