PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Knowledge Question

zeek0
2013-12-15, 10:01 PM
*Hypothetical:*
I am planning a Psion character, and I plan to use the Expanded Knowledge Feat to get Dimension Swap. Which class do I reference myself to to see if I can choose that power, and what do I use for the power cost?

The Nomad reference seems most logical, but I wanted to double check that I can't go by lower cost values.

the_archduke
2013-12-15, 10:02 PM
You get to choose. I personally would take it off of the psychic warrior list

zeek0
2013-12-15, 10:24 PM
good to know, thanks. Obviously, the psychic warrior choice is more effective. To anyone else reading this, can I get a 2nd opinion, just for kicks? Thanks!

cakellene
2013-12-15, 10:30 PM
Which discipline are you?

claypigeons
2013-12-15, 10:32 PM
good to know, thanks. Obviously, the psychic warrior choice is more effective. To anyone else reading this, can I get a 2nd opinion, just for kicks? Thanks!

As a player, I would argue for the lower level slot.

As a DM I would say pull from the Nomad list, or alternatively from a mantle that has it.

As an aside, TO builds assume you can cherry pick at you convenience, which is seldom the case at the table.

Cog
2013-12-15, 10:48 PM
You get to choose. I personally would take it off of the psychic warrior list
good to know, thanks. Obviously, the psychic warrior choice is more effective.
I... think you two are misreading it? As a PsyWay power, you can swap position with an ally. As a Nomad power, you can do that or swap two of your allies around. It's a second level power either way, at least according to the SRD, and I don't see Dimension Swap mentioned in the errata.