PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Making a Ravener even more scary

ArqArturo
2013-12-15, 11:46 PM
So we're in the climax of my PF game, and the players will be facing the BBEG, along with his witch minion, and... An ancient Silver Dragon, forced to become a Ravener for the Horseman of War.

The party's at 11th level, and they just found out they're facing the Ravener (not the BBEG, nor the Witch), and needless to say, they crapped their pants :smallbiggrin:.

Am I evil? I'm a GM. Was this necessary? Maybe. Is the party powerful? Yes, they have in their hands several minor (and a couple of major) artifacts, some of them from the Book of Exalted Deeds; and they've proven to be capable to face enemies of even bigger CR.

Now, how do I make a level-draining, 15th level sorcerer casting, melee monster of a creature even more scary? I'm willing to scour the Draconomicon for this one, and the Libris Mortis since it can drain souls. So far, on feats, I have the next things in mind:

1.- Hover
2.- Wingover
3.- Flyby Attack
4.- Quicken Spell
5.- Ability Focus (Frightful Presence)
6.- Ability Focus (Breath Weapon)
7.- Multiattack
8.- Recover Breath (Draconomicon)
9.- Iron Will
10.- Supress Weakness (Draconomicon)
11.- Life Drain (Libris Mortis)
12.- Disruptive Spell
13.- Toughness

So, any suggestions? The party's paladin left, so I'm left with a druid, a alchemist, a sorcerer, two inquisitors, a fighter/sorcerer with Draconic Disciple levels, A barbarian, and a Bard.