PDA

View Full Version : wmdm iso evil villain to threaten my entire universe. no fatties

breakdownjason
2007-01-16, 08:42 PM
White male DM seeking a great character idea for a villain to give my lucky as hell pc's something of a challenge. Must like commitment (I have a long campaign planned and need the main villain to stick around), magic, and long stabby things to hurt the party with. I.Q. level above 150 a plus and must hate paladins. Also, as in the title, no fatties. Any takers, either leave me a pm or post here.

Deathcow
2007-01-16, 08:44 PM
So... no takers of the Obese feat from BoVD, then?

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-01-16, 08:50 PM
For another campaign I played, I got help here developing a really awesome character with a lot of potential. A shifter Bard 5/Chameleon 10/Mage of the Arcane Order 5, or anywhere in between there. He'd have an overall ridiculous spellcasting capacity, could fulfill many other different roles, and you could have the BBEG be a constant, hidden threat.

breakdownjason
2007-01-16, 09:03 PM
Naw, that extra con isnt worth the loss of dex. Also, it makes them look less good in a swim suit. the shifter bard sounds cool. I'm looking more along the lines of a spellsword type character. feel free to test out your ideas for PrC's on here too. I'm accepting all takers.

Hallavast
2007-01-16, 09:08 PM
Have you considered an ex-paladin/shadowbane inquisitor/blackguard vaderesque type bad guy?

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-01-16, 09:16 PM
The shifter can do that too, though. See the Chameleon prestige class to really see why this guy is deadly.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20041210b&page=1

breakdownjason
2007-01-16, 09:19 PM
ex paladins are always fun for rping, and the blackguard aspect makes up for their lack of abilities (fighter without the bonus feats, so basically a warrior with d10 hit dice), but I was looking for something a little bit more magically capable. Also, any ideas for a legacy weapon that the bbeg wields would be good as well. I probably should have put that on here before huh?

breakdownjason
2007-01-16, 09:21 PM
The shifter does sounds pretty cool. Good class to work behind the scenes with.

breakdownjason
2007-01-16, 09:30 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....chameleon.......yeah.....that 's what I meant to say.........(awkwaaaaaaaaard)

Jack_of_Spades
2007-01-16, 09:41 PM
I had an enemy for my PCs that they really liked. His name was Rashid, and he spoke with a Jamaican accent. He started off as an ally who would give them jobs finding artifacts for his research into an ancient civilization. He was also a wizard (Diviner for me, but anything would workk) and would enchant thier equipment 25% off.

After a few jobs, he went with them to personally help search some newly discovered ruins. They ended up traveling back in time to the height of that empire's rule. There Rashid fell in lonve with a Bardess named Merinia.
She fell in love with him as well and she promised to marry him after his 35th birthday. He needed the PC to find an artifact that they had brought him before because he could use it to find his place in the present.

They did, and Rashid and Merinia came with them.

Then the PCs went on quests to find the couple wedding presents: a crystal ball that could replay cherished memories to comfort them when times were tough, a magic staff to ensure fertility, and the laughter of faires to bring them joy for as long as they lived.

On Rashid's wedding day an earthquake struck the city they were in and Merinia slipped off the roof of Rashid's tower. [He lived/ worked there and the PCs had come there to deliver teh gifts and artifacts from earlier jobs]
As she plunged a gigantic Demon appeared out of thin air, grabbed her in mid-fall and gated away.

Rashis fell into a bout of depression and vowed to do whatever he could to bring her back.

The PCs tried to find ways to help him, but his methods were too extreme for them. He would burn villages to the ground to find one person to tell him what he needed; start wars to rally people to his side and help him search the ruins for more artifacts.

So, they tried to stop him. There were many wuests where they had to find artifacts before his henchmen could; very indiana jonesy.

Eventually he found a way to send a demon back in time to grab her before she fell.

The PCs fought against his minions and tried to stop him spell, but failed.
The demon caught Merina and brought her back to be with Rashid. Strangely enough there was only one demon in the skies when he caught her as she fell from Rashid's tower.

Rashid's apearence and personality had changed so much in the ten years he searched for ways to get her, that she ran in fear form him, and fell off the side of his tower. She died.

Rashid, seeing this also ran off the side, but lived. He spent the rest of his life trying to make up for the horrors that he had commited.

The PCs went on one last quest for him. To the Halls of Celestia to bring back Merinia for him. They succeeded and everyone lived happily ever after.

My favorite quote fomr Rashid.
"I would go to hell and back to get Merinia! If I have to create hell on earth to do it, then so be it! I'd damn teh world a thousand times over just to see her smile again!"
He says as he throws fireballs at the PCs as they try to stop his plan to send a demon back in time.

Stormcrow
2007-01-16, 09:45 PM
Fallen Solar leading an army out of the Plane of Shadow?

Matthew
2007-01-17, 01:12 PM
I like the idea of a Fallen Solar.

Nahal
2007-01-17, 01:24 PM
Or a Planetar with Blackguard levels

Twisted.Fate
2007-01-17, 04:18 PM
Fallen Solar leading an army out of the Plane of Shadow?

Oh, man. That would be so hardcore. You'd have to get the voice exactly right though, and the atmosphere, or it wouldn't work at all.

Has anyone seen Sin City? Picture the voice of that big guy with the golden eye in the second story...the guy that smacks Rosario Dawson's character out of her chair. He's got this big, booming voice, but he never yells:

"I am Usiziel, Sword of the Shadows. I have tasted the light, and I have spat it away. There is no value in kindness, nor love: there is only power. Bow before mine, or die."

The 8th Sin
2007-01-17, 04:39 PM
This is the legacy weapon campaign, right? What kind of legacy weapon should he have?

Tokiko Mima
2007-01-17, 05:06 PM
How about a Leshay (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/leshay.htm) in disguise as a common elven (or dark elven) spellsword? You could have fun with the players wondering why it is that they constantly get beaten so badly whenever they face the Leshay in combat.

Gamebird
2007-01-17, 05:19 PM
Step 1: Find out what the PCs are playing.
Step 2: Get copies of their character sheets.
Step 3: Erase their character names and descriptions.
Step 4: Insert your own.
Step 5: Add to your main villains the xp and gold the PCs get.

Nothing challenges a group like fighting themselves.

breakdownjason
2007-01-17, 05:55 PM
well, I keep the copy of their character sheets at my place (keeps my less than responsible pc's from having to create new characters every week), but I want something completely different for them with the bbeg. Right now, the fallen Solar (great Sin City ref by the way, I really like that idea) and the leShay sounds totally hardcore, along with being able to knock down the pc's and make them a little bit nervous about elves as well (I have an excursion through elven lands planned, and elves and humans arent exactly on the best terms in my world. Any other ideas? I also need area bbeg's (think around 9th level for the first, 14th for the second, 17th for the 3rd, 19th for the 4th and then I'll probably throw the main bbeg at them around 21st (making the leShay a good, but a little bit overpowered in my case)

Shadow of the Sun
2007-01-17, 07:26 PM
An always fun villain is a lawful good ex-cleric who has decided that the world would be better without gods, due to the fact that although the gods give their servants powers, they still allow a lot of suffering to go on. So he goes on a crusade, gathering people who have been forsaken by their gods to his cause. A pretty fun campaign trick, because smite evil will generally not work on him, because he is doing what he is doing in full benevolence, and cannot be considered evil, just a madman.

Stormcrow
2007-01-17, 07:31 PM
As to the Sin City Reference, thats Michael Clarke Duncan as Manute.

I would give the Solar the Greatsword from Tome of Battle, its a Legacy weapon which would be tasty for the PCs after they eventually killed the guy. The advantage to a host from the plane of shadow is that they are incorporial for the most part and would be supplimented by creatures from the material. Ie. Shades who organise "cells" of creatures on the material that do the meat and potatoes of the work for their overlord.

If you decided to run in it i might write you up a stat block on a corrupted Solar with some nasty powers but as storytelling is my strong suite i offer this for now;

"Smoke drifts across the battefield the sharp tang of blood fills the air, the reason and the cause of the carnage hovers before you. Three feet off the ground held aloft by tattered grey feathered wings, his once golden skin now an ivory white, his black razor edged plate mail gleams almost manevolently in the dusk. The sword at his side is dwarfed by his stature even though it is taller than a man, he encants in a voice deeper than an earthquake the words you know will be your doom."

breakdownjason
2007-01-17, 09:35 PM
fallen solar huh? Hmmmmmm.....what are your thoughts about changing the plane of shadows creatures out for demons? I've already thrown quite a few demons at my party thus far, and would like to at least kind of stick to the story. And yeah, the stat block would be cool as well

Fax Celestis
2007-01-17, 09:38 PM
I totally thought this was spam.

Stormcrow
2007-01-17, 09:46 PM
I'd go devils, thereby purposing that the solar kicked the good but not the lawful from his alignment. The strength with demons is you can still use the "cells" theory to have those incrimentally more dificult encounters you mentioned.

The_Snark
2007-01-17, 11:55 PM
Thought I'd give you a badguy idea I've had banging around my head for a while- a half-fiend illithid warlock.

The idea is that he's the result of illithid experiments involving ceremorphosis- in this case, they implanted a demon. Or devil, whichever. Since sorcerers are considered outcasts in illithid society, this one would have been lucky to escape alive, so it would make sense for him to be working with his demon/devil side.

Game terms, he makes a good support villain, flying around and throwing out at-will powers while minions harry the PCs- pretty usual mind flayer stuff, but with flight and Eldritch Blasts thrown in. He should have at least six class levels or so, which means that (with a base CR or 10) he should work well for the 14th-level badguy, or anybody from that on up. He definitely needs Flee the Scene, an essential getaway tool for any recurring warlock badguy.

breakdownjason
2007-01-18, 06:41 PM
The half fiend illithid is cool as well. GRAAAAAAAHHHHH, I thought it would make it easier to ask this question, but everyone has such good ideas that I don't know which one to pick. Maybe all of them? and I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how exactly my party reacts to the villains.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-18, 06:44 PM
Here's a villain. (http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=46190) He should have equipment, feats, and skills in an hour or three.

Azrael
2007-01-18, 06:44 PM
I totally thought this was spam.

It's not? :smallbiggrin:

Jack_of_Spades
2007-01-18, 07:55 PM
Use all of them. It could be the Legion of Doom.

wait, I think that's taken..umm.

The Guild of Impending Disaster!

The_Snark
2007-01-18, 08:06 PM
Well, you did need area bosses, right? Some of the concepts fit the approximate CRs you gave, though they tend more towards the Epic scale of things.

Especially when Fax's is averaged in. Heh.