PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim

A Pointy Object
2007-01-16, 10:10 PM
I made this thread after downloading mp3s from adultswim.com, so I'll ask:

What are your favorite shows on Adult Swim, if you watch? For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Adult Swim is a late night block of programming on Cartoon Network, running every day, Saturday through Thursday.

Me, I'm partial to Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, and ATHF on the comedy side. Anime wise, my choices include Big O, Fooly Colly, and Cowboy Bebop.

RyanJ
2007-01-16, 10:47 PM
You already listed my three favorites- Venture Bros, Aqua Teen, and Robot Chicken. I also enjoy the reruns of Family Guy and Futurama, but they don't really count as "Adult Swim" shows if you ask me. Favorite anime (and ONLY anime I've ever been able to get into) is Fullmetal Alchemist. Enjoy it so much I bought the entire DVD set as they were released.

A Pointy Object
2007-01-16, 10:52 PM
Yeah, A.S. anime is great. Fullmetal Alchemist, yes, was such an awsome show. Neon Genesis Evangelion was good too, but I got a little tired of Shinji whining after the first few episodes.

Amotis
2007-01-16, 10:55 PM
Venture Brothers. Best Show Evah.

(okay...that's a lie...but it's still awesome.)

TinSoldier
2007-01-16, 10:58 PM
I don't watch any of those other shows, really, but I love Futurama and Cowboy BeBop.

Artanis
2007-01-16, 10:59 PM
My favorites are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.

I seem to be in the minority in that pretty much all I watch Adult Swim for is Futurama, Family Guy, and anime. Frankly, I can't stand the "original" shows like ATHF. I've tried them, and just can't bring myself to watch them again because they're so godawful that they make my brain crawl out through my ear and start stabbing me in the eyes with a spork.

RyanJ
2007-01-16, 11:01 PM
they're so godawful that they make my brain crawl out through my ear and start stabbing me in the eyes with a spork.

Well... yeah... happens to me, too. At least I'm laughing while I'm being stabbed in the eyes, though.

Seriously... MOST of the Adult Swim originals make me just want to scream out "WTF!?" and that includes Aqua Teen, but I can't help but find it hilarious.

A Pointy Object
2007-01-16, 11:08 PM
My favorites are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.

I seem to be in the minority in that pretty much all I watch Adult Swim for is Futurama, Family Guy, and anime. Frankly, I can't stand the "original" shows like ATHF. I've tried them, and just can't bring myself to watch them again because they're so godawful that they make my brain crawl out through my ear and start stabbing me in the eyes with a spork.

Some of the Adult Swim shows were better off not existing. 12 Oz. Mouse is pretty bad, as well as Perfect Hair Forever, weren't watchable at all.

Speaking of which, is Frisky Dingo any good?

Artanis
2007-01-16, 11:37 PM
Some of the Adult Swim shows were better off not existing. 12 Oz. Mouse is pretty bad, as well as Perfect Hair Forever, weren't watchable at all.

Speaking of which, is Frisky Dingo any good?
Haven't seen that one. I only have basic cable at the moment, so I haven't gotten to watch Adult Swim regularly for a few months.

Deleran
2007-01-16, 11:43 PM
Venture Brothers. Best Show Evah.

(okay...that's a lie...but it's still awesome.)

Thats not a lie at all. It is the best show ever.

Piedmon_Sama
2007-01-17, 12:26 AM
AS has pretty good taste when it comes to anime. They won't pick up just any old thing. Of course, they have the occasional lapse of judgement---anybody remember Pilot Candidate? But they have brought to attention a few high quality but otherwise unappreciated shows like Big O and FLCL....

That said; Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021 are superior to any product of the heathen japans. And I will maintain this until I die.

EDIT: And yeah, Frisky Dingo is great. It's by the same folks who made Sealab (and it's the same voice acting cast, minus Harry Goz).

Zeb The Troll
2007-01-17, 12:42 AM
Oh my. 98% of the crap they put on is unwatchable. Shows like Sealab and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are clearly someone's acid trip barfed onto my television. Oy. Of course I like Futurama and Family Guy, but as mentioned those are reruns of mainstream television. The only show I've ever seen exclusively on Adult Swim that I liked (and I can't even explain why) is Inuyasha. As the exception that proves the rule, this Star Wars spoof (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1iiwL8qUrs) on Robot Chicken had my sides aching.

Druid
2007-01-17, 05:29 AM
Robot Chicken, Venture Brothers, and Metalocolypse. I've been wanting to check out Frisky Dingo but just havn't had a chance to watch it.

Piedmon_Sama
2007-01-17, 12:03 PM
I don't think I've ever met ANYBODY else who's actually watched Frisky Dingo. The sad thing is that, unlike any other Williams Street cartoon ever, it's heavy into continuity so you can't just "jump in" on a random episode. A lot of the jokes are funny because they've been built up to for several episodes.