PDA

View Full Version : Getting Knowledge (Religion) on a Druid

7th son of sons
2013-12-16, 09:43 AM
I'm playing an Aasimar Druid, and would very much like to get into Sacred Exorcist, but I don't know how to get Knowledge (religion) on to my skills list. My DM has allowed me to use the domain druid to get the good domain, so that eliminates one problem, but I don't want to beg him for an expanded skills list on a druid. Any Solutions?

AMFV
2013-12-16, 09:44 AM
Education feat would do that, and get you all the other knowledges as well.

nedz
2013-12-16, 09:52 AM
Or you can dip: Ruather won't cost you a caster level.

AMFV
2013-12-16, 09:55 AM
Or you can dip: Ruather won't cost you a caster level.

It may cost some wild shape though, and if he's just dipping Sexorcist that may hurt a lot. If he's going deeper in then it might be worth it.

claypigeons
2013-12-16, 10:03 AM
Knowledge Devotions adds a knowledge skill to your list for all classes. Gives you more bang for your buck out of knowledge ranks, too.

Cog
2013-12-16, 10:26 AM
This (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9691.0) is a handy reference for class skill issues. There's a couple of Apprentice feats that you might find useful.

Psyren
2013-12-16, 10:38 AM
Don't Aasimar qualify for Able Learner too? That could help you get the ranks needed.

nedz
2013-12-16, 10:57 AM
Are Aasimar Human or Doppleganger then ?
Do they have any racial adaptations ?

I think that the answer to these is no.

Falcon X
2013-12-16, 11:17 AM
A few ideas:

- Get Skill focus: Knowledge Religion from the legendary site Frog God's Fane.
- It isn't very RAW, but you could convince the DM that your human side is enough to qualify you for Able Learner from Races of Destiny.
... If you're allowed 3rd party, Bastards and Bloodlines has the Old Blood Feat...
- The feats Cosmopolitan (FRCS) or Skill Knowledge (UE)

Falcon X
2013-12-16, 11:21 AM
Knowledge Devotions adds a knowledge skill to your list for all classes. Gives you more bang for your buck out of knowledge ranks, too.

Forget what I just said. Knowledge Devotion rocks if you have to take a feat for this.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-16, 11:30 AM
Don't Aasimar qualify for Able Learner too? That could help you get the ranks needed.

Nope. You need the Human subtype, which you can get from places like silverbrow humans, azurin, half-orc with Human Heritage feat, half-elf with Human Heritage feat, illumian with Human Heritage feat, or certain readings of Mongrelfolk.

EDIT: Wouldn't fix the problem anyway: his cross-class cap would be the same, it'd just cost him less to buy ranks.

Benefit
All skill ranks cost 1 skill point for you to purchase, even if the skill is cross-class for you. The maximum number of ranks you can purchase in a cross-class skill remains the same. This feat does not affect the skill point cost to learn a language or to gain literacy (for a barbarian or other illiterate character).

Psyren
2013-12-16, 11:40 AM
Are Aasimar Human or Doppleganger then ?
Do they have any racial adaptations ?

I think that the answer to these is no.

Then you need to reread Races of Destiny:

According to the Player’s Handbook, half-elves and half-orcs are treated as elves and as orcs, respectively, for the purpose of determining various game effects, but not as humans. Other humanlike races, such as the aasimars and tieflings, are described as “humans” with a trace of celestial or fiendish blood, but are outsiders rather than humanoids.

These limitations mean that many options available in this book are off limits to such races. At the DM’s discretion, halfhuman and humanlike races can be grouped together with humans as humanoids with the human subtype (rather than their own subtype). This means that such races qualify as human for the purpose of meeting a prerequisite for a feat or prestige class, for activating a human-only magic item, for adjudicating effects that treat humans differently from other races, and the like.
If you choose not to offer this variant, you can achieve a similar effect with the Human Heritage feat (see page 152).

The variant is there so they can gain access without needing the feat. Without the variant though, they can just take the Human Heritage feat by pure RAW:

HUMAN HERITAGE [RACIAL]

Your human heritage is more prominent than in others of your kind.

Prerequisite: Half-human race or human-descended race.

Benefit: You are treated as a humanoid with the human
subtype for the purpose of adjudicating all effects. If you are not a humanoid, your type changes to humanoid and you gain the human subtype.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-16, 11:42 AM
The variant is there so they can gain access without needing the feat. Without the variant though, they can just take the Human Heritage feat by pure RAW:

Good luck getting two feats at first level as an Aasimar, though.

Psyren
2013-12-16, 11:44 AM
Good luck getting two feats at first level as an Aasimar, though.

1) As I said before, the feat is only required if your DM says no to the variant. Variant RAW is still RAW, as any Cloistered Cleric player will tell you.

2) Flaws.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-16, 11:47 AM
Entirely granted, but in my experience the kind of DM who won't allow a human-descended race to qualify for human-only feats (vis-a-vis the variant rule you listed above) is the kind of DM who won't allow flaws.