PDA

View Full Version : help with a characters

Somensjev
2013-12-16, 11:25 AM
what would be the best feats and equipment for a blasty sorcerer who uses elemental magic? :smallconfused:

thank you for any answers/suggestions

note: i will probably be asking about more characters later, this is just the first of many :smallsigh:

HC Rainbow
2013-12-16, 12:40 PM
This depends on the edition.

3.5e? Pathfinder?

What books are allowed? Any banned books?
What does the stats look like?

Moar Detail.

If you post the others here too some people may not be able to help with a sorcerer but may be able to give you everything you wanna know about barbs.

holywhippet
2013-12-16, 02:44 PM
It can also depend on where you will be adventuring. In Frostburn there is a feat chain which improves your cold based spells, but only when casting them in an environment where it is already very cold.

Somensjev
2013-12-16, 06:33 PM
Ok,it's 3.5, in a dungeon crawl (to begin with) in a mild climate

The sorcerer in question wants to be, and I quote "an awesome wind Mage"

The other characters mostly don't have classes or any thing, they just have concepts (bar one exception)

Currently the concepts are

Master psion: done (other than gear)
Wind Mage guy: incomplete
Holy melee person: incomplete
Half-elf beguiler: incomplete (the exception)
Support caster: incomplete
And one undecided..

Only tier 2 and 3 classes are allowed

nedz
2013-12-16, 08:53 PM
Hurricane Breath [Reserve] feat will get you an interesting breath effect, and +1 CL on Air spells.

Can you extend this concept to atmospheric effects ? I'm thinking Born of Three Thunders here.

Look at the sonic spells, there are some nice ones. Sound is just the rapid vibration of Air.

I'm pretty sure there's a sonic [Reserve] feat also.

Sculpt Spell, Explosive Spell, Heighten Spell (perhaps — ideal for a sorcerer)

Somensjev
2013-12-16, 09:56 PM
Hurricane Breath [Reserve] feat will get you an interesting breath effect, and +1 CL on Air spells.

Can you extend this concept to atmospheric effects ? I'm thinking Born of Three Thunders here.

Look at the sonic spells, there are some nice ones. Sound is just the rapid vibration of Air.

I'm pretty sure there's a sonic [Reserve] feat also.

Sculpt Spell, Explosive Spell, Heighten Spell (perhaps — ideal for a sorcerer)

He said an elemental Mage, so anything element related is fair game, he just said wind was most important, and he didn't want earth

Raezeman
2013-12-17, 05:40 AM
have you considered shugenja (complete divine) instead of sorcerer. The 'wind important, no earth' part fits really well with this one.

Somensjev
2013-12-17, 05:52 AM
have you considered shugenja (complete divine) instead of sorcerer. The 'wind important, no earth' part fits really well with this one.

i havent really looked at shugenja much, but i'll give it a little look

HC Rainbow
2013-12-17, 10:36 AM
i havent really looked at shugenja much, but i'll give it a little look

Shugenja's are elemental mages of sorts that are restricted to 3 elements, their main element restricts its opposite, aka Wind vs Earth, while he'll get fire and water specific spells too.