PDA

View Full Version : Reducing/ignoring speed penalties?

Samalpetey
2013-12-16, 11:57 AM
I'm making a warforged juggernaught for a game I DM on thursdays, and I was wondering if there were any ways of reducing or ignoring the penalties adamantine body imposes on speed. The reason being that I want a fast guy who charges around bull rushing people. The build is gestalt and currently ~level 3

HC Rainbow
2013-12-16, 12:09 PM
I'm making a warforged juggernaught for a game I DM on thursdays, and I was wondering if there were any ways of reducing or ignoring the penalties adamantine body imposes on speed. The reason being that I want a fast guy who charges around bull rushing people. The build is gestalt and currently ~level 3

Tbh Your best bet is to find ways to give him haste, maybe cross class into other classes that grand extra speed, boots of striding/springing should be coming up in the next few levels, or just have your wizard cast fly on you every so often.

That, or being the DM, you could just tweak him yourself. I've done it a handful of times where I'll have him have some special magic that wont OP the party.

Gwendol
2013-12-16, 12:13 PM
Barbarian increases ground speed by 10'
Quick trait gives 10' speed for -1 HP/level
Dark template gives 10' increase, among other things.

Knights can ignore speed reduction due to armor eventually (Armor mastery Medium at 4th level, heavy at 9th)

HC Rainbow
2013-12-16, 12:16 PM
Barbarian increases ground speed by 10'
Quick trait gives 10' speed for -1 HP/level
Dark template gives 10' increase, among other things.

Barbarian does whilst only wearing light armor. Im not sure if an adamantium coated warforged counts as light armor, I could be wrong though, warforged and I dont tend to hang out on the weekends.

I think theres a feat out there that increases landspeed too, I'll try to find that.

Gwendol
2013-12-16, 12:18 PM
I'm quite sure Barbarians can move fast in medium armor as well.

Gazzien
2013-12-16, 12:31 PM
Tooth of Savnok (one of the Binder's magic items) makes you not take armor-speed penalties.

(Caution: Sleep deprived, post may not make sense)

HC Rainbow
2013-12-16, 12:32 PM
I'm quite sure Barbarians can move fast in medium armor as well.

You are correct. My mistake, Light or Medium armor, but that drops him to 30 rather than his 40 in light armor.

Samalpetey
2013-12-16, 12:36 PM
I think adamantine body is treated as heavy armor for the purposes of class features.

Regarding the tooth of savnok, it does seem like my best bet short of customizing him myself (which I don't entirely like doing), but won't that subject him to Savnok's influence?

Oh, now I read what the influence actually is, the tooth of savnok seems pretty dang near perfect. Thanks for the help!