PDA

View Full Version : Smith Adventures

auska89
2013-12-16, 12:14 PM
You awake in your cot to the feeling of a finger poking your forehead, and the sound of a young boy.

"Sir, you should wake. The Master has need of your services"

You groggily open your eyes and sit up. The boy you recognize as Harren, your smithing apprentice.

(Setting)
You are currently in Fonteya, a Palmijian fort on the border of the Mesant Dominion, a desert dwelling people. The master is a Mercenary lord by the name of Sir Weyland Envers, who hired you as the head smith for his fort. You currently have two apprentices who help with various chores and tasks so you can focus on the crafting of fine weapons and armor. The apprentices are two young human boys aged about 15 named, Roland and Harren.

Alesterryku
2013-12-16, 04:10 PM
I sleepily get up, rubbing my eyes

"do ya any idea what fer?"

Mordan is a middle aged dwarf of 130 and he stands at about 4 foot 8 inches. He has long black hair with an equally long beard. he is barrel chested and his arms are thick with muscle due to many years at the forge.

auska89
2013-12-17, 10:21 AM
Harren steps back giving you space,

"The Master would like an audience with you. You should go see him"

As he talks, he go's about the room gathering your equipment and packing bags with rations and other various provisions for what you'd guess is going to be some sort of trip.

You know where the master's room is, you've been working here the better part of 5 years, and Sir Weyland sends you on trips from time to time, either as partial diplomat to Goten (Dwarf Land) or to gather materials. You've taught your apprentices pretty well, and they usually manage decently while you're away.

Alesterryku
2013-12-17, 11:17 AM
I grab the supplies and equipment from my apprentice.

"Fine, fine I heard you the first time. Make sure Roland makes those shields if I am to go away."

carrying my gear over one shoulder i walk to Sir Weyland's office. leaving the gear out side I walk into the open door.

"M'boy Harren said you wanted to speak with me."

auska89
2013-12-17, 12:52 PM
"Aye sir! We're on it" Harren says, bowing his head as you move along.

The walk to Sir Weyland's chamber is an uneventful one, you pass from your quarters near the outer wall, through the quartyard full of fresh warriors training with each other for their morning drills. You know many of them will be sent off to various armies hopefully to bring back wealth and glory from their travels. You note the marked increase in the quality of the weapons and armor used by the men of the fort, and can't help but feel a sense of dwarvish pride in your ability to craft only the best.

Sir Weyland's chamber is located at the center and to the back of the courtyard, so a brisk walk around gets you there. The door is left slightly ajar, and as you approach you hear a familiar voice.

"Come on in my friend" says Weyland warmly. "It is true what Harren says, I've something you might be interested in."

As you approach his desk, he hands you a piece of silvery white metal aproximatley 6 inches in diameter.

"it's called Lutet according to the Mesanti. A soldier was recently passing through Mesant on his way back here and came upon a caravan claiming they had an unbreakable stone. He was intrigued and so tested this claim."

Weyland turns around and places an object covered in cloth on his desk in front of you. After a moment, he pulls back the cloth to reveal an Axe-head shattered down the middle.

"Normally I am not so intrigued by mere rocks, but this Axe is made of Adamant. What do you make of it i wonder"

Weyland is a tall light skinned man with long shaggy black hair reaching to his shoulders. He is cleanshaven and has fierce green eyes. He is typically seen wearing a black coat with a darkbrown vest underneath, and white undershirt. He walks with the grace of a seasoned warrior and always carries with him his trusty bastard sword which is slung over his shoulder.

Alesterryku
2013-12-17, 03:44 PM
I closely observe the stone with a practiced eye, looking from the stone to the axe and back again. After a few moments of observation i set the stone on the desk.

"In all me years of smithing, I have ne'er come across anythin that could split adamant like that. I have no idea."

auska89
2013-12-18, 07:10 PM
Weyland scratches his chin in contemplation, and after a moment speaks.

"I want you to investigate the possibility of utilizing this metal in our armors and weapons. Who knows Mordan, you might actually learn something new."

He hands you three small 'stones of sending' and a map of Mesant, pointing out a small dot near the northern border.

"Begin your search there. That is a Caramun, or caravan city as some call it. The soldier said the caravan was heading in that direction. It's possible this merchant might still be there before moving off to peddle his wares elsewhere. Use the sending stones to contact me if anything of note occurs. Return in two weeks and tell me what you find. Do you have any questions?"

I'll PM you the map in question at some point. I feel compelled to mention since i'm not sure you know... Lutetium is the hardest metal known to man :D. Also i have some upgrades for you in mind that i'll send to you in a bit. I'm still preparing for Xmas... lots to do ^^

If you have any OOC questions, just post them in a 'spoilered' block. I can move things along at a certain pace, but how much you decide to interact and to what depth will probably determine the pace of the game.

Alesterryku
2013-12-18, 09:48 PM
"no, not at the moment."

with that i grab my supplies and head toward the caravan, making a detour to my forge

"Herran! I'm goin' for a couple o' weeks, you're in charge."

waiting for a few moments to hear Herran's acknowledgement i head to the merchant's caravan

your not really going to give me a chance to have my stubborn old dwarf refuse the call of adventure, are you? :smalltongue:

auska89
2013-12-30, 08:52 AM
Weyland sends you off,

"If you desire a horse for your travels then speak with Orran our horse lord. He'll provide one for you."

when you make it to the forge Herran acknoledges your leave, and assures you that all will be taken care of. You make your way out the fort and into the wilderness. According to your map the trip will take you 5 days to reach the caravan point on foot, or 2 days on horseback.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

Edit: Damn nothing out of 5 D:

(if any of the above rolls are over 75, then roll init. You can use the forum roller via the instructions in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100917) thread. If you decide to grab a horse then we'll only use the first two.)

sorry i've been gone for so long, got really busy with the holidays. anywho we are back in action ^^

Alesterryku
2013-12-30, 09:13 AM
i will take a pony.

that's ok, i just figured you left your DM notes at home. what do i see when i get to the camp?

auska89
2013-12-30, 03:29 PM
As you ride into the encampment you take a look around. The area is arid and hot like the rest of the desert that surrounds this place, definitley not like the dark holes you are used to with the chill of the mountain air, or the smell of furnaces. The air here is littered with many strange scents coming from various spices and oils. The people here dress oddly, they cover themselves from head to toe in brightly colored robes topped with turbans, and shuffle about from one market stand to another. Each with it's own odditys to sell.

(Think kind of like the market place in agrabah, but only more tents, and less adobe buildings. This place would be very much like India combined with an Arab feel.)

The place has very little in the way of solid structure, but it's surprising to see how many of these nomad's gather here. An observation of note, is that you notice two distinct classes of people, those who are dressed in the fine robes of many varied colors, and those who wear plain and ragged looking whites, greys, and tans. They follow the richer folk always with their head down. At this you recall one of Mesant's biggest products. The buying and selling of slaves.

(balls in your court, what will you do from here?)

I sent you some additional information in a gmail email. If there are any details that you want further explained, just let me know and i'll fill you in or have you make a knowledge check ^^

Alesterryku
2013-12-30, 05:48 PM
paying little mind to the slaves I begin my search. I go about searching by asking some of the traders if they know about the stone and/or who is selling it

is there anything i need to roll for gathering information? on another note, do we have to do combat maneuvers, it seems a bit 4.0-ish.

auska89
2013-12-31, 08:48 AM
(In the future when you are seeking information, you roll diplomacy.)
(for your convenience, here's an example:)

Bob searches through the streets attempting to locate his missing marbles.

[roll0]

If you dont want to use the maneuvers you dont have to, they are there for increased effectiveness and additional options. This way the fights are not always, "i walk up and hit it" or "i charge and i hit it". Now you can say "i activate stonefoot stance as a swift action, and charge it useing Charging Minotaur" or something to that effect. Hopfully it adds a bit of spice and color to mundane classes that cant shoot fireballs everywhere or transmogrify enemies into dildo tanks :D

also a thought, which do you prefer? the Pathfinder skills, or 3.5 skills? In 3.5 when you wanted to gather information, you'd just roll "gather information". Pathfinder skills work a bit differently.

Alesterryku
2013-12-31, 09:46 AM
ok so i am rolling for deplomacy
(the roll feature is not working for me right now i dont know why. so i will roll for real)
i rolled a 19+1 so 20

i think we can just stick with path finder skills, thats what i have on my character sheet. i just didnt remember if i had to roll for, as it didnt have a gather info.

auska89
2013-12-31, 11:31 AM
You ask around about the Lutet, but many of the merchants know nothing of the material. A few merchants mention the name "Saied Lahar" as a renowned metal and jewel trader. He might be somone who would know. You can find him at the Crafter's Tent; a large tent at the back of the encampment next to the camel stables.

It isnt very often that a Dwarf is seen in these parts, so you get a good bit of odd looks here and there. Some of the children as you move about ask if you actually live in the ground, and whether or not you are made of rocks.

The merchants are interested in Dwarvish wealth and crafting. They bother you about buying their wares. Some also ask if you'd be interested in selling some of your crafted gear to them and so on.

At this point you can go shopping, do some crafting, look around some more, talk to various people, etc. The encampment has a bulletin outside the command tent where the nomad leaders habitate. Information, requests, and other various things are typically posted there.

FYI: there are currently 3 merchant princes active at this encampment, they are the caravan leaders (caravan leaders in Mesant, are determined by those who are most highborn). They are named Al-Mesar, Bashir, and El-Shek.

DM note: I've noticed you go specificially from one thing to another, attempt to interact a bit more with the world rather than stay on the rail tracks.

Dice rolling on Giantip works like this:
you type "" then you put in a dice type "d20"; followed by either a mathmatics sign "+" or "-" as well as a number, "+3" or "-2". then you finish the command with "". no spaces anywhere in the command.

so a d20 roll for init with dex mod = +3 and imp init feat (+4 init) would be as follows:

" d20+7 "and here is how it will turn out d20+7

I added spaces in my example command so you could see the verbage.

Edit: ok, so after i edited the post, it didnt seem to like my roll commands :P, but seriously they work. use them ;)

note: you cannot preview post when you type in the dice roll commands otherwise it'll mess them up. If you post something you dont like you should be able to Edit your post.

Also since we've been doing this a bit here and there, why dont you go ahead and start up the "Rise of the Runelords" PbP game. These games dont really take up too much time to execute so it should be easy to run multiple at a time :D

Alesterryku
2013-12-31, 12:51 PM
(i feel like doing some heavy RP)
because it only took a couple days to get here I decide to mingle about, talking to traders here, demonstrating my smithing there

(if you need it)

[roll0] for craft

[roll1] for profession

that was the problem i was doing a preview.

"DM note: I've noticed you go specificially from one thing to another, attempt to interact a bit more with the world rather than stay on the rail tracks."
is that a problem?

on another note, i am stalling pathfinder because i am nervous. but why the hell not. i will put out a post for 3 more players

auska89
2014-01-03, 08:14 AM
You run across a smith in the process of repairing a short sword for one of his customers, as you watch you notice he is making slight errors that will weaken the blade. You offer to help and show him what he's doing wrong. He thanks you and offers you a dagger in return for keeping his incompetence hush hush.

(as far as talking to traders, what are you talking about? if you're just shootin the breeze then they talk to you about whatever :P. weather's nice, a bit hot, look at all the pretty girls, can i interest you in some merchandise my fine dwarf friend? things of that nature)

I dont see a GP count listed on your character sheet anywhere. how much do you have? I also dont see any crafting equipment. How are you supposed to craft without crafting gear??? You could buy things while you're here btw, it is kind of a market place.

Edit: now that i think about it, i dont see any adventuring gear anywhere either??? are you sleeping inside your pony??? are you eating your pony??? O.o whats going on here lol

Also you acquire (should you choose to accept):
dagger (medium size) 1d4 dmg 19-20 crit, range melee or 10ft (worth 2gp, sells for 1gp)

auska89
2014-02-05, 02:59 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/675cd0a0f3bf494c54a5aae4cc99ecd7/e4465eg/Ej4mj5lii/tumblr_static_triangle.jpeg

Columns II - Jumbo Edition:

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X
1||||||||||||
2|
4|
5|||||C|C|C|C|||||||||C|C|C|C||
6|||||C|C|C|C|||||||||C|C|C|C||
7|||||C|C|C|C|||||||||C|C|C|C||
8|||||C|C|C|C|||||||||C|C|C|C||
9|||
10|||||
11|||||||||