PDA

View Full Version : Int Focused Character Build Help

TabletopGamer
2013-12-16, 01:58 PM
Ok so this is a Tristalt focused build. It is focused heavily on INT and my INT is 30 at level 5.

Scholar for a one level dip to add INT to AC (No armor restriction)
Adds Skill focus (Knowledge ?) free

Factotum adds Brains over Brawn meaning INT to Dex and Str Checks including Init. Adding INT to damage and attack rolls via IP spending.

Swashbuckler adds INT to hits on beings not immune to critical hits (In PF nothing is immune to criticals)

Warblade adds INT to critical hit confirmations, INT to Reflex Saves, etc.

So this would be a Scholar 1/Swashbuckler 3/Factotum 6//Warblade 10//?

What should the third one be?

Archivist would be nice to learn spells and Factotum and Warblade cover all the weaknesses.

A Wizard or Witch might be nice as well as they are based on INT.
But with Lost Tradition I can make any caster based off INT for everything (Extra spells, DC, and maximum spell size known) so maybe Druid or Sorcerer?

holywhippet
2013-12-16, 02:29 PM
Are you sure about lost tradition? You can only take it at level 1 and it is from a third party rulebook.

Instead of magic you could go for psionics instead.

TabletopGamer
2013-12-16, 03:08 PM
Its from Bastards and Bloodlines so yeah not official or main series not sure if its 3rd party.

I was thinking StP Erudite which is just gravy.

holywhippet
2013-12-16, 03:28 PM
Its from Bastards and Bloodlines so yeah not official or main series not sure if its 3rd party.

It's from Green Ronin publishing rather than being from Wizards of the Coast so it is definetly third party.

gorilla-turtle
2013-12-16, 05:18 PM
Scholar for a one level dip to add INT to AC (No armor restriction)

Which Scholar base class is this? I'm having trouble finding it, and you'd think a dip that grants free Int to AC would have at least been cataloged in the X stat to y bonus thread.

Swashbuckler adds INT to hits on beings not immune to critical hits (In PF nothing is immune to criticals)

I may just not be able to find anything today, but I fail to see where the Pathfinder Swashbuckler gets this ability (the Int to damage, I mean), and if you are refering to the 3.5 version, note that this ability only applies to weapons compatable with Weapon Finesse.

But with Lost Tradition I can make any caster based off INT for everything (Extra spells, DC, and maximum spell size known) so maybe Druid or Sorcerer?

Lost Tradition is very Third Party, but if you can get it approved and if you are okay with being Evil (or have alignment restrictions removed/ignored), some variant of Cleric or whatever Divine Caster of your choice into Nightcloak would be especially useful: Nightcloak 7 adds Int to all of your saving throws. Given the wording, this may or may not stack with the Warblade Int to Reflex, but at the very least that's a solid boost to the rest of your saves.

TheMooch
2013-12-16, 05:32 PM
gray elf
Wizard 3/elf paragon 2/swiftblade 10/abj champion 5 || warblade 5/elf paragon 1/Jade Pheonix Mage 10/eternal Blade 4 || scholar1/swashbuckler 3/factorum 16

feats:
initiate of the faerie mysteries
keen intellect
knowledge devotion

this nets you int to the following:
dex checks (factorum) this includes initiative
str checks (factorum)
initiative (swiftblade)
reflex saves (warblade)
will saves (keen intellect)
hp (initiate of the faerie mysteries)
damage x3 (knowledge devotion, factorum, eternal blade)
AC x2 (scholar, factorum)
spell DC (wizard)
spells per day (wizard)
hit x4 (swashbuckler, knowledge devotion, factorum, eternal blade)
crit hit confirmation (warblade)

If you want a less gishy flavor drop some JPM levels and take more eternal blade for the int to AC (again) and int penalty to AC for your foes. With 34 int you would have a grand total of +48 to hit and +60 to confirm criticals without taking into account str/dex, BAB or any feats. You get A +24 to initiative so going first is yes (humming bird familiar for another +8 due to elf paragon), and if that fails celerity is an option.

if you want a bit more cheese be a necropolitan made by a desecrated alter by a dread necromancer 8 with corpse crafter, bolster resistance, hardened flesh, nimble bones etc feats

Greenish
2013-12-16, 05:35 PM
Which Scholar base class is this? I'm having trouble finding it, and you'd think a dip that grants free Int to AC would have at least been cataloged in the X stat to y bonus thread.3rd party PF. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/scholar)

gorilla-turtle
2013-12-16, 05:48 PM
3rd party PF. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/scholar)

Yeah, that definitely needs to be on the X Stat to Y Bonus Thread. Quite a find, thank you.

LordAshenshield
2013-12-16, 06:40 PM
I have to agree that StP Eruditr is nice given light weapons for finesse armor not effecting psionics and the 99 powers at lvl 20(according to some.)

EugeneVoid
2013-12-16, 06:43 PM
I call upon thee
Lord Tippy, bring us the great
Wondrous Factotum

(Tippy creates tons of Factotum builds, and this is a haiku=)