PDA

View Full Version : Avithale, Cast your votes for this Arcanepunk/Steampunk setting!

NarcoticSqurl
2013-12-16, 05:06 PM
Good afternoon denizens of GITP! For the past year I've been working on a PF campaign setting that turned out....well, it became extremely frustrating to work on. So after a while, I decided to scrap the work, salvaging what I could for Avithale. An arcane-punk setting whose nations have been suddenly thrust into a chaotic time. The setting is going to include 4 new homebrewed races (6 if you count the two that are based on tieflings and asimar). Six new Homebrew classes, (currently) Four new Prestige Classes, a world spanning seven continents, where humans are no longer the dominant race.

World: Avithale. An Arcanepunk planet whos defining features are its mixture of Technology, Psionics, and Magic.
Moons: Koltis, the largest moon in the night sky. Solaria, the Brightest moon the the Night sky.
Seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Cycle: 26 hours per day. 6 days per week. 5 weeks per month. 13 months per year (390 days total).

History: Almost twelve thousand years ago, a powerful evil was thrust unto the world of Avithale. An ancient being who's power wrought terror and undeath to the land. One Goddess took pity upon the evil, and brought herself to his presence. The unspeakable evil found this an opportunity to overthrow the Gods, but instead was graced by her beauty and love. When the Goddess touched the face of evil, he instantly relived his humanity. He had found love.

The Gods would not allow such a union, and banished the world forever. Knowing this was the only outcome, the Goddess reveled in her sacrifice to save Avithale from chaos and destruction. Her powers were ripped from her being, tearing magic from the world. As the evil watched his love die in his arms, he swore vengeance upon all that had ruined his unlife. The Goddess and her lover turned to stone in his great cathedral, as did all of his servants. There they stand to this day, forever crying crystalline tears of blood.

The year is now 1428 A.E (Altus Eratus, means Alternate Era). Nearly Six Hundred years after the fall of Magic, the people of Avithale learned how to rebuild a functioning society. In the fourth age since the evil arrived (each age 3000 years), there are now advancements far beyond the conception of the previous world. In their stupor, the evil has been forgotten until now. In the sky tore open a rift, bringing the falling of a god like race of creatures known as the Nephilim. As they plummeted to the land below, magic was once more brought back to life. Titans who once forged the lands have since been awoken. Infernal entities of the Hells and Abyss have started to walk the land again. But the Evil who once threatened all life of Avithale, has been awoken from his slumber, and has remembered his decree of vengeance.

Avithale is now in a state of war and conflict, locked in a grapple for survival from the Lord of Evil, Marcaus Thornblood. The Gods who've since abandoned them have left wells of power to be tapped into by the people, should they ever need it. Slavery rules over the eastern continents of Nikojia and Sinaja, where the Drow have overtaken the Elven people. Central Terra stretches from the Northern tip of the planet to the southern tip, where the once banished Halflings have control of the Navaru Desert, and vie for survival in the barren sands. Bodecca, Gonghir and Cereva are all that remain as habitable continents of freedom and haven. But they too are locked in political struggles as the evil encroaches from the continent of Lodika. There a constant war rages to keep the Undead armies from breaching into the free lands. But with each death, Marcaus's army grows stronger, and larger.

This is just a brief overview of the campaign setting. But I realize that Arcanepunk and Steampunk are a MUCH loved setting by fantasy fans everywhere, so I'm allowing contributions from people on GITP forums. The long term goal is to eventually have this published, where I'll be donating profits to GITP forums, but for now the focus has to be on continued developement. I've left room in the setting to add 3-4 classes, 3 races, and 3 Prestige Classes. Not to mention you'll all be voting on different nations standings as well as holds of power, and conflicts.

Classes: I want to allow suggestions for classes from now until December 21st.

Rules: Come up with a few ideas for classes you'd like to see in an arcanepunk/steampunk setting (I know the history mentions Arcanepunk, but there will be heavy influences from both). Submit them with a brief description. Give your thumbs up for the post above you, and the top 8 classes will be picked. Afterwards, they will be voted on to be narrowed down to the top 3-4 (depending on demand).

Suggestions open until December 21st for classes! Multiple entries allowed!