PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Tripping the foes fantastic (tripping based fighter help).

Darth Stabber
2013-12-16, 09:03 PM
So I have got involved in playing a pathfinder game (despite my preference for 3.5, which is a bit beyond the scope of this thread), and since the party was mostly casters and sneaky types (other than 1 half elf barbarian out of 8) I thought it was the perfect chance to play a fighter. As we go through this it is probably important to note that I have little experience with PF, but enough 3.5 knowledge that I should be a little ahead of the curve here. Knowing that I would not have access to über-charging related feats I decided to go the tripping route. Realizing that the PF spiked chain sucks it became clear that the guisarme would be the weapon of choice. So I came up with this build:

Human Fighter2
STR 18, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 13, WIS 10, CHA 10
Skills: perception 2, intimidate 2, acrobatics 2, handle animal 1, ride 1, climb 1, swim 1
Feats: improved unarmed strike, combat reflexes, combat expertise, improved trip
Trait: Reckless
Equipment: Breastplate, guisarme, mighty(+4) composite longbow (found as loot), warhammer, dagger, heavy wooden shield, 60 arrows of varying types.

This is basically what I put together off the top of my head in 10 minutes. I am getting close to leveling up and I am curious as to the most effective route to take to keep my enemies on their backs (double entendrelicious) and the area around me controlled. I was considering taking my next level in barbarian for both skill reasons (and having rage as panic button, plus fighter 3 and barbarian 1 will both increase my speed, given the slow down incurred by breastplate armor), because area control with good perception and acrobatics for repositioning could be useful, but fighter having actual class features I am sorely tempted to stick it out, either way I am coming back for more fighter later, probably even next level (reduced armor check, plus getting to move full speed in armor is nice, and the bonus to polearms seems like interesting gravy).

So what feats in pathfinder are good for polearm fighters (especially for tripping), and what are the traps?