PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Create Trap Spell metamagic affects?

CyberThread
2013-12-16, 09:19 PM
Question , I assume that the Kobold domain create trap, is much like a summon spell. You get to pick a CR 1 trap ..

basic arrow trap, fusillade of darts, scything blade trap, or spear trap

My question is, what affect do you by raw, see metamagic having on this?

Nettlekid
2013-12-16, 09:26 PM
Spell level will increase.

Oh, you want more? Sorry, not much else. Extend Spell will make the trap last 24 hours instead of 12. Twin Spell will make two traps. Enlarge Spell will let you put it further away. Most metamagic feats won't do anything. You can't Reach this, can't Widen it, can't Maximize it, and Heightening is useless. No, you don't get a CR 9 trap if you Heighten it to 9th level.

CyberThread
2013-12-16, 09:42 PM
:O :*(

that sucks

gorfnab
2013-12-16, 11:16 PM
Invisible Spell :smalltongue:

How to annoy a low level Rogue: Resetting Trap of Create Trap spell.

Nettlekid
2013-12-16, 11:18 PM
Invisible Spell :smalltongue:

How to annoy a low level Rogue: Resetting Trap of Create Trap spell.

Now if only the trap created by Create Trap could be a Resetting Spell Trap of Create Trap.

CyberThread
2013-12-16, 11:33 PM
wand + artificer , Quicken invisible enlarged pit?

Nettlekid
2013-12-16, 11:49 PM
wand + artificer , Quicken invisible enlarged pit?

Enlarge allows you to place the trap farther away. It doesn't make a pit deeper. Sure, feasibly, you could make a quickened invisible trap (depending on your interpretation of Invisible Spell, which is frequently debated on these forums). But not a pit, because that's not on the list of available traps in the spell description.

CyberThread
2013-12-17, 12:04 AM
could I use this spell to make invisible ammo, take the ammo from the trap , and then shoot it at folks?