PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Prestige Classes

GhengisConrad
2013-12-16, 09:38 PM
Okay, so I know when they enter prestige classes, the only thing to bump up is their caster level and Invocations Known. What I wonder, is, is the type of invocation known a part of what invocations they know?

That is to say, if a Warlock takes a prestige class after level 5, does he gain access to a lesser invocation? Or is he stuck with only least?

also; are there Warlock Prestige Classes? Perhaps a way for me to still get the lessers while ditching Warlock earlier?

Tommy2255
2013-12-16, 09:45 PM
You might want to look at this:
http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-general/threads/975156

Warlocks with prestige classes do get to learn higher level invocations and improve EB exactly as they would if they were pure warlocks.

bekeleven
2013-12-16, 09:46 PM
There are warlock PrCs. In general, getting the new level of invocations counts as part of the invocation progression.

The prestige classes designed for warlock include Hellfire Warlock (explicitly grants invocations), theurge classes (same), and Enlightened Spirit (Doesn't stack, instead grants set blast damage and set new invocations).

I think there are rules for taking any arcane casting PrC and applying it to warlock but I don't know where off the top of my head.

For more, see Thiago's Warlock Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13730871&postcount=5).

Karnith
2013-12-16, 09:47 PM
I think there are rules for taking any arcane casting PrC and applying it to warlock but I don't know where off the top of my head.
Complete Arcane, p. 18.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-16, 09:58 PM
if only there was some way to modify or otherwise obtain Unseen Seer's Damage bonus as part of a prestige class that advances Warlock's Invocations.

I would so much rather use warlock and Flee the Scene...

Is there maybe a way to pluck Flee the Scene early somehow?

Cog
2013-12-17, 12:45 AM
if only there was some way to modify or otherwise obtain Unseen Seer's Damage bonus as part of a prestige class that advances Warlock's Invocations.

Warlock doesn't qualify for Unseen Seer entry, but it can benefit from the casting advancement if you've dipped another casting class.

nedz
2013-12-17, 06:33 AM

I would so much rather use warlock and Flee the Scene...

Is there maybe a way to pluck Flee the Scene early somehow?

You have two threads active about the same build. This is unhelpful please close one.

Spellthief 1 / Beguiler 1 / Warlock 3 / Unseen Seer 3 gets you Flee the Scene at level 8. This may run into XP penalties if you are not human and you have to change the order to avoid running out of skill points.