PDA

View Full Version : Woeforged Lichdom

Xuldarinar
2013-12-16, 10:55 PM
I recall somewhere hearing about undead warforgd (woeforged) and have since then off and on contemplating how one could reflect one. I've thought of through taint or various undead templates that are subjective in their allowance on living constructs such as warforged, but recently a method has come to mind that I thought of sharing and wanted to hear people's thoughts on.

Death Masters (DMC pg. 29-36) are a class similar to both the wizard and the dread necromancer classes. Their use in this comes from their level 20 class feature. Like Dread Necromancers, they can gain the lich template as a class feature but this class feature is not restricted by creature type. In fact it says that anyone, even the undead, can acquire the class feature.

Of course, there is a question that follows. Is it worth it?

Thurbane
2013-12-16, 11:01 PM
For a PC or an NPC build?

Deathmaster is a full caster, so it's a plenty powerful option. But obviously not as powerful as Wizard, Cleric or Druid.

You could create an undead Warforged by combining the Corrupted by the Abyss (changes type to aberration) and the Gravetouched Ghoul (aberration to undead) templates, but it won't be a playable character.

Xuldarinar
2013-12-16, 11:27 PM
Either way, though I more have a PC in mind. The notion isn't likely for me to ever see the table, but I like coming up with such things.

Thank you for that other method though, that is certainly interesting.