PDA

View Full Version : Synesthete question

claypigeons
2013-12-16, 11:03 PM
The Psionic power Synesthete allows you to "feel" light or sound. It specifically lets you see as well as normal even if blinded.

My question is this: Do you retain the "Blind" condition while this power is active and you're feeling light?

Red Fel
2013-12-17, 08:04 AM
The Psionic power Synesthete allows you to "feel" light or sound. It specifically lets you see as well as normal even if blinded.

My question is this: Do you retain the "Blind" condition while this power is active and you're feeling light?

The language "even if blinded" suggests that, yes, you remain blind while the power is in effect. Blindness may not hinder you during the duration of the power, but you would remain blinded, and if the power expired before the blindness did, the world would go dark.

At least, that's how it reads to me.

Greenish
2013-12-17, 08:24 AM
If you are feeling light by absorbing ambient light onto your skin, you have your normal visual abilities (except for darkvision), even if your eyes are closed or you are blinded.
So, if you have your normal visual abilities, you're not blinded (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#blinded), since the definition for that is that "the character cannot see".

Segev
2013-12-17, 08:26 AM
If you are "blinded" and use Synesthete, you do not suffer any penalties for being blind. You are not, however, able to see with your eyes. If Synesthete wears off, and blindness does not, you are again blind.

It's basically, in that use, a short-term counter to the status condition.