PDA

View Full Version : is this a good idea

r0adkill
2013-12-17, 07:44 AM
half-ogre out of savage species 12 mindblade // half orge LA1/11 duskblade

str 29 dex 18 con 22 int 14 wis 18 cha 16

im playing a gestalt campain and its over powered gameplay if you have other suggestions then duskblade i would love to hear them the only thing im worried about is rp im going to be a human's child that happend to be raped by an ogre and my mother didnt have the heart to kill the child at birth or give it up

PurpleSocks
2013-12-17, 07:53 AM
Well duskblade casts off int which is your worst stat by far so either switch your points around or change classes, if you could elaborate what your going for other than not duskblade that would help.

Assuming your looking for a gish, then have a look at the Ardent (Cpsi) for full psionics casting off of wis in heavy armour 3/4 base attack. Or Cleric for pretty much the same in a divine package.

r0adkill
2013-12-17, 08:17 AM
Well duskblade casts off int which is your worst stat by far so either switch your points around or change classes, if you could elaborate what your going for other than not duskblade that would help.

Assuming your looking for a gish, then have a look at the Ardent (Cpsi) for full psionics casting off of wis in heavy armour 3/4 base attack. Or Cleric for pretty much the same in a divine package.

im trying to deal the most dmg possible. i was thinking about 12 soulknife/11 barb with light armor. im just not really sure where to go i mostly want to distroy without a lot of thinking. im a new player so i dont want a lot of spell options.

Greenish
2013-12-17, 08:32 AM
Barbarian is definitely good for dealing lots of damage without having to think too much. Soulknife is fairly horrible, at least the 3.5 one. See if you can wing PF soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife) or the 3.5 DSP soulknife (can't seem to find it now) to go with the barb.

r0adkill
2013-12-17, 08:51 AM
Barbarian is definitely good for dealing lots of damage without having to think too much. Soulknife is fairly horrible, at least the 3.5 one. See if you can wing PF soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife) or the 3.5 DSP soulknife (can't seem to find it now) to go with the barb.

yeah its strictly 3.5 with a few 3.0 books and we cant use forgotten realms
well if you know something better that would synergize with a barb i can move stats around a bit

ranagrande
2013-12-17, 08:52 AM
half-ogre out of savage species 12 mindblade/11 duskblade

str 29 dex 18 con 22 int 14 wis 18 cha 16

im playing a gestalt campain and its over powered gameplay if you have other suggestions then duskblade i would love to hear them the only thing im worried about is rp im going to be a human's child that happend to be raped by an ogre and my mother didnt have the heart to kill the child at birth or give it up

This is pretty close to one of my favorite gestalt builds. Using those stats and the Half-Ogre, I would go with something like

Duskblade 12//Half-Ogre LA 1/Hexblade 5/War Hulk 5

You could replace Hexblade with any other full BAB class(es) you'd like.

In one more level, you'll be amazing. That's when the Duskblade gets full Arcane Channeling, which you can then combine with the War Hulk's Mighty (and later Massive) Swing to hit 3 (and later all reachable) targets at once. I recommend spending a feat on Exotic Weapon Proficiency for the spiked chain.

nedz
2013-12-17, 08:54 AM
For "over powered gameplay" you really need a full caster on one side.

Barbarian // Bard (Into Sublime Chord) perhaps ?
Sorcerer and Cleric would work well also — with your stats.

or
Barbarian // Druid
Nice and thematic too.

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-17, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the 14 int. You can cast all your spells with a 16, so that's just a +2 headband. Focus on touch attacks and spells without saves and you are just fine.

Magesmiley
2013-12-17, 12:30 PM
Keep in mind that the half-ogre was updated to +2 LA (but otherwise the same) in Races of Destiny. So the DM might take exception to having it as +1.