PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5ish] Limitation to Knowledge checks

Spore
2013-12-17, 08:03 AM
Greetings,

I will soon be playing a text bookish character whose Knowledge checks could very well land in the area between 40-60 on a very regular basis.

For that I have a question. Disregarding rule 0; what would you guys think someone could know about "stuff" with rolls of 35+? We are Lv 9, so the knowledge of Tarrasques, Pit Fiends and Solars is fine but not useful.

I am - as a player - tempted to believe a Knowledge check beyond 50 is nearly divine (and as a fact, I am a Lore Oracle so getting secrets from my hubby gods isn't that unusual). Still, gods don't know anything but does this circumstance really grant me nearly divine insight?

Where should player knowledge stop? And how should it pan out for a Lore Oracle whose entire purpose it is to know things. I want things that are not known yet, simply because I will progress in the class and someday crack the matrix and get to checks closer to 70 than anything. Apart from my character realizing he is in a D&D game (which could prove hilarious), what revelations (pardon the pun) could my oracle have?

You can use examples from all campagin settings as long as they are understandable and explained, but we play homebrew so I can't expect to know things that aren't even planned out yet.