PDA

View Full Version : Body Augmentation Research

Captnq
2013-12-17, 08:38 AM
Hi.

Looking for people to point me in the right general direction. (Yes, I already know about the two threads/handbooks about Grafts.) I'm looking to put together a definite list of body augmentation. Body Augmentation is defined as:

1. Attaches to your body.
2. Changes/Modifies your body.
3. Is implanted in your body.
4. Replaces part of your body.

To that end I am looking at any equipment, feat, or disease from any 3.0/3.5 or dragon magazine article regarding this topic. What I have so far:

- Body Alterations
- Only One Disease (Warp Touch) if you know any other mutating diseases, let me know.
- Grafts: all.
- Ability Gain Books, Word of Chaos' Power, Sparing dummy of the master, Codex Anathema.
- Prestige Races
- Quori embedded shards
- Symbionts
- Technomagical implants
- Warforged Components

Wondrous items:
Demonic graft machine
VASHARAN WORM POD
PARASITIC TWIN
EYE OF HORUS
Bondleaf armor
DUKAR HAND CORAL
KIIRA N’VAELAHR
TEETH OF DAHLVER-NAR
ANGRIZ’S CHEST - For perserving grafts
TENTACLE EXTENSION (ILLITHID) - For augmenting tentacle grafts

Mundane items:
TOXIC TOOTH
Stump Knife

Feats:
Aberrant feats
Abyssal Heritor feats
Deformity feats
Illithid heritage feats
All the graft flesh and derivative item creation feats
Warforged feats

What I could use is help tracking down:

Miscilaneous Feats that Change your physical make up (I already got everything from all the monster manuals)
Thinks like:
Spit Poison (LoM)
Silver Fang

That sort of thing. If a feat gives me a +5 reach because I am now a Uber-cool martial artist, I don't want it. If I get +5 reach because my arms are longer, then I want to know about it. (BTW, those would be covered under Deformity and Aberrant feats(

And any magic items that I may have missed that are not on the list.

Also, any spell that PERMANENTLY improves your character and never wears off EVER, even in an AMF would also be of value.

Thanks in advance, CQ

mabriss lethe
2013-12-17, 11:12 AM
There's another disease from BoVD, Festering Anger. It's great for shenanigans.

Captnq
2013-12-17, 02:04 PM
There's another disease from BoVD, Festering Anger. It's great for shenanigans.

Ah yes, I saw that. Unfortunately it wears off. I'm looking for stuff that changes you forever. Warp Touch gives you extra limbs. Those limbs you can chop off and add grafts instead. Those grafts give you extra attacks.

Aberrant feats have the option to allow you to grow two extra tentacles and grow taller to extend tour reach. Illithid Heritage gives you the option for tougher skin and extra face tentacles.

BTW:
Good related Body Augmentation = Not So Much.
Evil related body augmentation = Many o' tentacle.

Just an observation.

Hangwind
2013-12-17, 02:13 PM
Would Lycanthropy count? D/R, alternate forms, and some pretty awesome senses are a pretty good improvement I think. And all of it can be gotten after character creation.

Also, the spell-warped template is full of goodies.

Captnq
2013-12-18, 12:52 AM
Would Lycanthropy count? D/R, alternate forms, and some pretty awesome senses are a pretty good improvement I think. And all of it can be gotten after character creation.

Also, the spell-warped template is full of goodies.

Huh.

You know, templates certainly are worth considering, but I think it's outside the scope of this project. I was looking at half golems, for instance. But the only way to "pay" for being a half-golem is a level adjustment.

Although I think that might be worth looking at later. The spell-warped template, again, a level adjustment thing. I'm more looking for stuff you can "buy". Pay for with experience, with feats, with gold, that sort of thing. A level adjustment doesn't "cost" anything. Ya know?

unseenmage
2013-12-18, 01:10 AM
Huh.

You know, templates certainly are worth considering, but I think it's outside the scope of this project. I was looking at half golems, for instance. But the only way to "pay" for being a half-golem is a level adjustment.

Although I think that might be worth looking at later. The spell-warped template, again, a level adjustment thing. I'm more looking for stuff you can "buy". Pay for with experience, with feats, with gold, that sort of thing. A level adjustment doesn't "cost" anything. Ya know?

You could consider including a note about Templates and the rituals from Savage Species that apply templates etc.

mabriss lethe
2013-12-18, 02:17 AM
Ah yes, I saw that. Unfortunately it wears off. I'm looking for stuff that changes you forever. Warp Touch gives you extra limbs. Those limbs you can chop off and add grafts instead. Those grafts give you extra attacks.

Aberrant feats have the option to allow you to grow two extra tentacles and grow taller to extend tour reach. Illithid Heritage gives you the option for tougher skin and extra face tentacles.

BTW:
Good related Body Augmentation = Not So Much.
Evil related body augmentation = Many o' tentacle.

Just an observation.

The only way to remove Festering Anger is with magical healing, and there are ways to circumvent that. Spellblades spring to mind. There are also several ways to mitigate/negate the con damage while still reaping the cumulative strength bonus.

Thurbane
2013-12-18, 02:39 AM
This is a good list:

Fleshwarping: A List of Grafts, Symbionts, and Related Goodies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190350)

Hangwind
2013-12-18, 05:41 AM
Book of exalted deeds: Axiomatic creature. Permanent Duration w/o any thing that would be lost in an AMF

Silvered Claws: Treat natural attacks as silver

Rokugan Campaign: Blood rite. Maximize your hipoints!:smallsmile:

BoVD: Consume Likeness: A permanent ability to become anything you kill (including extra limbs, gills, ect.)

Fiendish Codex: Extract Gift: Get increases to all sorts of stuff

PH: Magic Fang

Races of the Dragon: Sense of the Dragon: Find things and people without sight

Captnq
2013-12-18, 12:30 PM
You could consider including a note about Templates and the rituals from Savage Species that apply templates etc.

Again, templates are tempting, but far outside the scale of this project. To be able to claim every template, review them, list them, rate them is far beyond the scope at this time.

However the rituals, while adding a level adjustment in some cases, does not in and of themselves act as templates and is finite enough that it could be includes. Thank you for the suggestion. It fits well. I will leave the finding of monster templates up to the apt student, but the means of applying them will be included.

As a side note, I find the idea of using the ritual of elements to become immune to cold, but taking double damage from fire, then getting a whole bunch of fire elemental grafts, just makes me giggle.