PDA

View Full Version : Spiked Halfing

paperarmor
2013-12-17, 09:04 AM
so I had this awesome character concept that I was trying to build, which is a Halfling who uses aptitude armor spikes to bounce around the battlefield at everyone. Other than lighting maces and boomerang ricochet are there any feats that support this build?

Garagos
2013-12-17, 09:10 AM
I'm AFBs right now but I believe Forgotten Realms has a Prestige Class designed around this very idea, I think its called a Battlerager or something like that. One of the requirements is dwarf but you could probably talk your DM into waving that if you can find the class and the book is allowed.

Zombulian
2013-12-17, 10:26 AM
Blood Spiked Charger tactical feat from the PHB2.

SethoMarkus
2013-12-17, 11:55 AM
Let me introduce you to Thibbledorf Pwent (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Thibbledorf_Pwent).

If this is the sort of thing you are going for, I'd have to second Garagos's suggestion of the Battlerager (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Battlerager) PrC. The official source is the Forgotten Realm's supplement book, Races of Faerun. It requires Dwarf race and ability to Rage, amongst others, but it shouldn't be too bad to convince the DM to refluff.

As pointed out by Zombulian, a feat right up your alley is Blood-Spiked Charger, found in Player's Handbook II. It is fairly intensive in per-requisites for a mediocre feat, but the flavor fits your idea perfectly: spiky pinball. Worth noting that it requires you use a spiked shield as well.

You should also take a look at the "Dungeoncrasher" ACF for Fighters. This can be found in Dungeonscape and mostly will benefit you by adding bludgeoning damage to Bull Rush attempts if you successfully push the enemy into a wall (or other solid barrier).

Lastly, I'd suggest taking a look at Shock Trooper (Complete Warrior), Setting Sun and Stone Dragon maneuvers (Tome of Battle), and any mobility-enhancing abilities/feats (Pounce, Leap Attack, Spring Attack, etc).

paperarmor
2013-12-17, 03:38 PM
thank you guys