PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Inspiring Commander

Learuis
2013-12-17, 10:11 AM
Hi! I was taking a look at the Cavalier class, specifically the third party archetype Inspiring Commander. (link (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/rite-publishing---cavalier-archetypes/inspiring-commander))

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems incredibly powerful at level 1, which is where my current campaign is starting. It appears to get Dex and Int to initiative... But more importantly - Aid another as a move action (and adding your INT bonus to the aid another bonus)... Combine this with Order of the Dragon (which increased aid another bonus to +3).... and with 18 INT at level 1 this means that you can aid another for +7 every round as a move action!

I suppose this is slightly weaker than the Swift Aid feat, but it's something you normally can't get until level 6 (req +6 BAB).

Does this seem too powerful for level 1? What about as it increases? We are planning to run Wrath of the Righteous, so if you have any insight as to whether it will trivialize the content, please let me know that. No spoilers though! :)

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-17, 01:09 PM
That would be a hilarious dip for a vitalist who then abused the Battlesense power.

Yes, you would be MAD, but being able to aid other as an immediate action would be funny.