PDA

View Full Version : Help design my cohort, please?

Trilby
2013-12-17, 10:23 AM
As an early Christmas present my DM has gone crazy and given everyone at the table the leadership feat (we're switching to pathfinder come January). This way we can get all those 3.5 specific convoluted builds out of our system and start afresh in Pathfinder.

It so happens that there is a 'best friend' character in my back story, who's roughly defined as a shady spellcaster. I'd like to flesh him out and bring him in. My character is an Ultimate Magus (wiz/beg), and I'd like to make some sort of spellthief/beguiler (possibly a combination?).

Ideally he'd have at least a level of beguiler (for backstory reasons), and be a human (also for backstory reasons :smallbiggrin:).
However, I really like the synergy between a spell thief and his ultimate magus friend who's got spells to burn (or be stolen). I'm going for a buddy-team feel.
Sadly, I can't seem to work out a build. So I thought I'd ask for help.

We're at level 9, so he'd be lvl 8.

TLDR: anyone know of a beguiler/spellthief build for level 8? He'd be stealing spells from my character who's got plenty as an Ultimate Magus.

wiz 2/beg 1/wiz 3/um 3:
elven generalist
transmutation domain (my dm allowed it :smallcool:)
collegiate wizard
practiced spellcaster: beguiler
silent spell (w5 bonus)
versatile spellcaster
alacritous cogitation
leadership (end-of-campaign bonus feat)

EDIT: books: no MiC, ToB, or Psionics. 3.5 only.

Snowbluff
2013-12-17, 11:25 AM
Dvaiti Monks3/Fiend of Possession the rest.

Trilby
2013-12-17, 12:15 PM
Ooh, I love your suggestion of Fiend of Possession! I'm now looking at this build:

Human spellthief 1/ beguiler 1/ human paragon 2/ FoP 4.

He'd go into chameleon if we'd finish this campaign.

feats:
h1 otherworldly
1 able learner
3 master spellthief
hp2 open
6 open

What made you suggest the monk class? What about it synergizes particularly well with this concept/your build? I'm not very familiar with it (I should be, one of my party members is a monk O.o. I just haven't looked into them.).

Snowbluff
2013-12-17, 12:26 PM
Pfft, no. I don't remember the FoP requirements off the top of my head. Try Marshal levels for add bonuses. Dvati would give you 2 fiends for the price of one.