PDA

View Full Version : Rebel / Bandit Camp idea?

kkortekaas
2007-01-17, 08:20 AM
Hey all,
I'm running our monthly game within the next couple days and I'm in desprate need of assistance. We ended last session on a cliff hanger where the PC's were chasing a recently escaped rebel leader into thick jungle.

Now, I know that the leader is heading towards his camp, but I don't have the camp planned out. I'm thinking perhaps a trap laden temple or perhaps some sort of tree village?

If someone could help me refine that idea as well as direct me to some usefull maps that would be FAN-FRIGGEN-TASTIC.

Kkortekaas

Tweekinator
2007-01-17, 09:36 AM
Well, if you wanted to go with the tree village idea, you could make it composed of several sections that are connected with rope/vine bridges and can be easily released or cut from either side, isolating the platform section that attackers would be on. The bandits could also have rigged up some kind of Alchemist's Fire trap that can ignite isolated platforms, thus forcing the attackers to retreat, die in a fire, or learn to fly.

Piccamo
2007-01-17, 09:44 AM
If you want to do the temple idea you could make it labyrinthine: filled with secret passages, illusions, and false paths. There could even be a hidden citadel under the temple that serves as his hidden fortress. Another option is to combine the 2 ideas and have the outskirts of his encampment in the jungle, with the middle ending in the temple.

Matthew
2007-01-17, 02:43 PM
If you have neer used them before, you might like to try the maps Wizard's provide:

Map Archive (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/mw)

tape_measure
2007-01-17, 05:15 PM
While your at the site, you can check out "Cave of Spiders". It's free module that fits into any game. The premise, I believe, can help you develop a sound idea for the game...and it has maps already drawn for you! :smallwink:

Stormcrow
2007-01-17, 05:57 PM
Im not sure how ya'll feel about this but what about a camp built into the walls of a gorge in the jungle, leaves with with lots of ledges for sniper type bandits and these thin paths that wind upwards that you can trap, even roll boulders down. You could span the gorge with a bridge leading to a cavern for the final battle.

Or something. Gives the place alot of prestige and the thin path means two bandits could hold the PCs for a really long time. Which makes it a sound place for a bandit camp...

kkortekaas
2007-01-18, 04:19 PM
great suggestions guys, please keep them coming!