PDA

View Full Version : Check my cheese!

Hangwind
2013-12-17, 01:44 PM
All right, check my logic on this. The StP Erudite can learn spells from any friendly caster he can mindlink with. This is the basic power of the class.

A Sha'ir is a spellcaster that has a familiar called a gen retrieve spells for him. The only requirement for the familiar retrieving a spell is a diplomacy check and knowing the name of the spell. You don't even have to know what it actually does, just that a spell with that name exists. You can retrieve a spell of any level by RAW. The book then states
A spell so retrieved does not become learned or known for the purposes of the gen retrieving it again. The spell lasts for an hour per Sha'ir level or until cast.

Now, the ability to learn spells requires that the Erudite mindlink with a willing spellcaster that has the spell and suceed at a spellcraft check and a psicraft check.

Here's where the cheese happens. If you had Erudite 19/Sha'ir 1 you could learn every spell through 8th level by yourself by using your psicrystal to mindlink with yourself. With a little more cheese, (I can't remember the exact trick) you can even learn ninth-level spells as powers!

Add in the fun tricks involved in having a psicrystal and a familiar that can gate to an elemental plane at will, and you have some serious power.

Any logical flaws you can find?